Grinding vibration on steering wheel. !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soaringcook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi v8 5.7
I have noticed a low grinding feel/vibration on my steering wheel and column when I turn left in a parking lot between 5mph to 20mph. It doesn't happen when turning right. Or straightforward.

I replaced both hubs and front brakes.

I checked and nothing seems to be rubbing, I have stock tires. But I do belive this started after I leveled the truck 1.75 inches. I also added billsteins 5100 in the front.

This is a 2wd so no 4x4 issues.

I'm at a loss , nothing is loose or worn. And it has an electric power steering.

Does anyone has ever experience thus before?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It could be anything try to get a vid of the noise and upload it on a side On a side note did you get a alignment after you leveled the front/new shocks.

OP
OP
S

Soaringcook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi v8 5.7
Yes got an aligment done and verified.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have noticed a low grinding feel/vibration on my steering wheel and column when I turn left in a parking lot between 5mph to 20mph. It doesn't happen when turning right. Or straightforward.

I replaced both hubs and front brakes.

I checked and nothing seems to be rubbing, I have stock tires. But I do belive this started after I leveled the truck 1.75 inches. I also added billsteins 5100 in the front.

This is a 2wd so no 4x4 issues.

I'm at a loss , nothing is loose or worn. And it has an electric power steering.

Does anyone has ever experience thus before?

There's a recall on the steering column that'll probably fix it,take it into your dealer and have them check to see if it's been done.My wifes old 16 Challenger did the same thing till the recall was done.

OP
OP
S

Soaringcook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi v8 5.7
I already checked the mopar owner website and used my vin and there is no recall for my truck

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I already checked the mopar owner website and used my vin and there is no recall for my truck

Might be listed as a TSB. They tie up the wiring inside the column as it's been known to cause a rubbing sound when turning the wheel. Message Tach Tech he's a legit Mopar Tech and will know more about it.If nothing else take the truck into your dealer and ask them .I had it done on my 14 and on the wifes old Challenger.

OP
OP
S

Soaringcook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi v8 5.7
Does the vibration continues even when the steering wheel stops turning?