Guess what FEDEX broguth me today?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarhead0724

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, so about a month ago I sought out the advice of all you knowledgeable people, with much success.

OK, so I bought a new Kenwood HU and had it installed at Best Buy. I then sought advice on subs and amp combo. I bought a custom fit .69cuft sub box, and filled it with polyfil. I decided on a Kicker ZX400.1 and a CVR104.

Well, the FEDEX man delivered my amp and sub today! I have an appointment with Best Buy tomorrow for installation. I know, I know....a lot of people rag on best buy, but I had to look at it from my stand-point. Im a Marine and am constantly going places TAD and moving around a lot. I wanted somewhere that has a nationwide warranty, in case of something going wrong, if its their fault!!

So, this leads me to another question....how do I may sure they tune the amp because in a couple weeks I want to be able to add a ZX bass knob. Can they set it up to sound good until I get the bass knob, and then how much adjusting will I have to do?

Thanks ya'll.

PS...Ill post pics and video tomorrow.

macmongrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I Wouldn't rag on you for a Best Buy install...Ive installed 90% of my own systems....However, when I have issues or need help or just don't feel like doing it- I go to best buy...They have been great they always honor their installs and will address issues or bad parts or whatever as necessary, they tend to be MUCH cheaper than local places...and they guy i know has worked there like 8 years now...I totally trust best buy with vehicle installs.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Nice. Good improvement.

Sent from my tapatalk equipped AT&T iPhone 4.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I get best buy to install my amp and head unit. I'm not taking the chance of me messing up and having to buy a new hu. Same with amp.

But where are the pics?!?!

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Lol best did my system 1 time never again they ran all my wires rca power and ground right next to each other you talk about stupid

OP
OP
J

Jarhead0724

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I get best buy to install my amp and head unit. I'm not taking the chance of me messing up and having to buy a new hu. Same with amp.

But where are the pics?!?!

Pics will be up tomorrow afternoon/evening after my appointment.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Just have them adjust the gain while you are in the truck, listening.

OP
OP
J

Jarhead0724

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
BOOM!! Got my truck back from Best Buy today!! Sounds awesome!! Unfortunately I couldnt get any pics or a video, as it was raining today. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow, so they will be up then!!

Thanks for all the advice guys!

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Congrats man,I remember when I got my system:D from blown stock to holy mother of god!!!!! And the I got my outside system:naughty:

omega88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I good thump from a sub, makes a world of a difference!