Gun Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I need ideas for pistol mounts. I was thinking of some kind of holster, double side taped to the inside of the center console. I've seen the magnetic mounts but it's not legal in my state. .40 Springfield XD is my truck gun.

bryce88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
What exactly is not legal about the magnetic mounts? Is it just because the trigger is open? I ask because you could do a magnetic mount in conjunction with a trigger guard holster like this:
Trigger-Guard-Holster-3.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

james.price.58

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Alien Gear holster/ Cloak dock combo. I love it! I also carry a Springfield .40 (when it's cool enough to wear a jacket) and a Colt Mustang for the warmer months. The holster allows me to switch out the shell and use the same accessories.

20190225_151737.jpg

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just type in "pistol dash mount" into Google. About 50 different types with links to each one.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Alien Gear holster/ Cloak dock combo. I love it! I also carry a Springfield .40 (when it's cool enough to wear a jacket) and a Colt Mustang for the warmer months. The holster allows me to switch out the shell and use the same accessories.

View attachment 156749
I use the Alien Gear shape shift, does the dock work with that? My carry gun is the XD 9mm or my M&P 2.0 compact, that would be a great location if I could stop it from sliding around down there.

james.price.58

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use the Alien Gear shape shift, does the dock work with that? My carry gun is the XD 9mm or my M&P 2.0 compact, that would be a great location if I could stop it from sliding around down there.
Not sure...I know its designed as a system but it seems like any paddle holster would work to some extent. With the cloak holster, it's very secure and no movement whatsoever. I believe any other paddle holster may work but would probably slide around some.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure...I know its designed as a system but it seems like any paddle holster would work to some extent. With the cloak holster, it's very secure and no movement whatsoever. I believe any other paddle holster may work but would probably slide around some.

I tried my paddle holster from my shapeshifter kit and it was too loose for my liking.

james.price.58

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, they're a compromise. Easy on/off if you're taking it off several times a day.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I carry my M&P Shield in n the "ash tray". Not necessarily a quick draw, but it's quicker than trying to reach into the center console.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Sasquatchtdg

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What exactly is not legal about the magnetic mounts? Is it just because the trigger is open? I ask because you could do a magnetic mount in conjunction with a trigger guard holster like this:
View attachment 156744

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
In South Carolina it has to be "contained." In a glove box, center console, trunk, etc. It cannot be open access like the under the dash magnetic mounts, sitting under the seat, in the door pocket, etc.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In South Carolina it has to be "contained." In a glove box, center console, trunk, etc. It cannot be open access like the under the dash magnetic mounts, sitting under the seat, in the door pocket, etc.
Is that just for transporting? In Ohio you need to have it contained unless you have a ccw, then you can have it wherever you want.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Sounds to me like you don’t have a state-issued permission slip to carry there in SC- otherwise, you wouldn’t be worried about where or how you can carry your pistol in your vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use the gum Creek setup. Love it.

http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com

Which setup you have? I bought Gum Creek’s brand new console holster for my full-size Beretta Storm .40 but I had to do a little bit of modification to it for it to fit tightly down there on the side of the console but I sure like how it turned out. 8bcd88517776071b0911ce42c6c53c15.jpg

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is that just for transporting? In Ohio you need to have it contained unless you have a ccw, then you can have it wherever you want.

I’m thinking he doesn’t have a permit because thats how Texas is, if you don’t have a permission slip. They allow your vehicle to be an extension of your home but without a permission slip, you can’t carry your gun out in the open.

OP
OP
Sasquatchtdg

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have my Concealed Weapon Permit. I want a mount that keeps it out of sight and out of the way, but easy access when needed. Yes without a permit it must be in a contained area. But in the event my wife is driving, who is not currently a card holder, i don't want her catching a weapons charge.

"With a permit from South Carolina or other recognized state, you can carry a loaded concealed handgun in a vehicle on or about your person."

Just asking for mounting ideas fellas, not a legal class. If i don't see one i like i will make one and do a write-up in here.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have my Concealed Weapon Permit. I want a mount that keeps it out of sight and out of the way, but easy access when needed. Yes without a permit it must be in a contained area. But in the event my wife is driving, who is not currently a card holder, i don't want her catching a weapons charge.

"With a permit from South Carolina or other recognized state, you can carry a loaded concealed handgun in a vehicle on or about your person."

Just asking for mounting ideas fellas, not a legal class. If i don't see one i like i will make one and do a write-up in here.

I honestly don’t know where you’re going to find such a mount that’s going to satisfy those needs. I wasn’t trying to be snide or smart-assed with what I said but at the time that was the only reasonable assumption as to why you’re wanting to mount a handgun in a vehicle, but keep it outta sight which pretty much defeats the purpose in all its entirety of mounting it in such a way for easy access. If you’re worried about your wife getting in trouble if she was to get pulled over from your gun being mounted in an easily accessible location, then all you have to do is just make sure that you put the handgun in your glove box or in your console when you’re not driving the vehicle. Or.... and probably the best alternative would be that you could get your wife to go get her carry permit and then you’d not have to worry about it at all. Then you’d have a lot more option to mounting your gun that in a location that will benefit you the most in the time you may need quick access to it.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I honestly don’t know where you’re going to find such a mount that’s going to satisfy those needs. I wasn’t trying to be snide or smart-assed with what I said but at the time that was the only reasonable assumption as to why you’re wanting to mount a handgun in a vehicle, but keep it outta sight which pretty much defeats the purpose in all its entirety of mounting it in such a way for easy access. If you’re worried about your wife getting in trouble if she was to get pulled over from your gun being mounted in an easily accessible location, then all you have to do is just make sure that you put the handgun in your glove box or in your console when you’re not driving the vehicle. Or.... and probably the best alternative would be that you could get your wife to go get her carry permit and then you’d not have to worry about it at all. Then you’d have a lot more option to mounting your gun that in a location that will benefit you the most in the time you may need quick access to it.

OR just take the gun with you and not leave it in the car....

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Or just not even leave it in it’s easy access location at all. Really don’t want to leave your gun out on the open inviting someone to bust out a window and cause you to have a really ****** day. Lol.

That Gum Creek console holster I have really only gets used while on long trips. It doesn’t get left there out in the open. It either goes with me, or on rare occasions, it gets stored in the glove box or in the center console. Usually when Im driving long distances, my little Ruger 9mm stays in my front hip pocket in its pocket holster and the big Beretta os down between my knee and the console.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exactly, get a gun safe for the console, so when you go into places that you’re not allowed to carry you can lock it in your truck, then have it in a quickly accessible mount while driving. You really shouldn’t leave it in your truck all the time, you are asking to have it stolen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye