Guys Who Have Ordered Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Did you have to put your money down at time of ordering?

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
I had to put down $1500.00. My understanding is that it was refundable if I cancelled or decided not to take delivery. (At least nothing I signed, initialed, read or was told suggested otherwise, which means they'd have a hell of a hard time proving informed consent if they tried to claim it wasn't refundable.)

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
I ordered from Dennis Dillon and was required to put down $1000 that they claim was non refundable. I had no worries as i heard, from this forum, that they were very reputable and lots of people here have done business with them. The only little thing that was in the back of my mind and gave me pause for concern on the non refundable part was, what if i lost my job between now and when the truck arrives. Reality is, i would have much larger problems if i lost my job before the truck came in so no big deal.

EvanYJ350

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 CC Air Susp
Engine
6.4L 392 c.i.
Usually $500, but this time I did it all over email and he didn't ask for anything, but I have bought 7 rigs from same guy over the past 8 years for personal and company use.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I put down $1000.

Llando88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
$500 here.

I wish I had had the foresight to make sure it was "refundable" in writing. That is the only thing I'd suggest to anyone putting down a deposit, or at least, clarify whether it is or not in writing.

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not a dime. When I was looking , I was dealing with the manager and we were discussing price. We couldnt come to an agreement at the time. He knew i was serious so he said he would order it "under no obligation". I figured it was a strategy to get me to see it . They could always sell it later I guess. So, going by my experience, i would assume they dont really NEED you to put anything down and Im sure its negotiable. I would tell them I can only put a hundred or two down. That shows u are serious and you dont have to put a huge chunk down

OP
OP
68PowerWagon

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Not a dime. When I was looking , I was dealing with the manager and we were discussing price. We couldnt come to an agreement at the time. He knew i was serious so he said he would order it "under no obligation". I figured it was a strategy to get me to see it . They could always sell it later I guess. So, going by my experience, i would assume they dont really NEED you to put anything down and Im sure its negotiable. I would tell them I can only put a hundred or two down. That shows u are serious and you dont have to put a huge chunk down

Thanks all for your replies. I was mostly wanting to know because there is a good chance I will have several hundred if not a thousand more to put towards it before it gets here. I am going to be ordering here at a bad time when there are plant shut downs so I could be possibly looking at 10-12 weeks.
As you stated too that as long as your not ordering some crazy setup they could always sell it if a guy had to back out.

OP
OP
68PowerWagon

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I ordered from Dennis Dillon and was required to put down $1000 that they claim was non refundable. I had no worries as i heard, from this forum, that they were very reputable and lots of people here have done business with them. The only little thing that was in the back of my mind and gave me pause for concern on the non refundable part was, what if i lost my job between now and when the truck arrives. Reality is, i would have much larger problems if I lost my job before the truck came in so no big deal.

I have to admit that will be something in the back of my mind too. I am the Plant Manager so I should be ok but a guy could get hurt & laid up for months or GOD forbid WWIII breaks out in the next month or two.:evil27: At that point as you said I would have more than the truck to worry about then.

nukegm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
nothing down....

2500 is finally on a rail car

should be here on the 18th

:)

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
I'm going through Dennis Dillon Dealership and have to put down a $1000 in a few days.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Who's your sales guy at DD.

His name is Kenny Black a great guy and is will to work with me, I try my best to go with Dave Smith but they blew me off it was like they didn't want to work with me.

One thing that I didn't like about Dave Smith I call the lady and she was calling me back and was getting ready to order a truck, I was even approve for a loan there, but just before I was going to order she stop returning my call.

I was calling her manager and he wouldn't return my call so I got it, if they didn't want my money or do business with me I don't and will not lick their b***, there are too many other dealer will be glad to take my money.

I hope working with Mr. Kenny will work out but with me living in Washington State their is a higher sale tax that I'm trying to get them to include it but I will see this week.

Cpylot

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
I put $1K down, and ordered exactly what I wanted without any of the "groups". I ended up getting my sig truck for around 9k off of the invoice. Dealer treated the negotiation the same as if it was a truck on his lot (high volume place and I guess a sale is a sale)
Good luck to you, I'm getting ready to do it again, but will get the 6.4 3500 so I have the lifetime maxcare available to me.