Guys Who Have Ordered Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthernBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nothing down. They told me that if I didnt end up buying it they could easily sell it anyway.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
500 dollars.
I told them not to charge my credit card, but they did to order the truck. So, I am getting the credit card refunded tomorrow when I go to pick her up. :)

stoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 | 2500 SLT CC
Engine
6.4L w/ 4:10
Nothing charged here when I ordered mine.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So since the original post has been answered now... im going to derail it a little bit...

Some people say you cant negotiate the final price, because you have to wait for the truck to be delivered and use the rebates available at that time. others say you can negotiate the whole deal right on the spot with the current rebates, regardless of when the truck actually arrives. Is there a truth to this? Does it just depend on the dealer? Are both options?

Thanks

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So since the original post has been answered now... im going to derail it a little bit...
Some people say you cant negotiate the final price, because you have to wait for the truck to be delivered and use the rebates available at that time. others say you can negotiate the whole deal right on the spot with the current rebates, regardless of when the truck actually arrives. Is there a truth to this? Does it just depend on the dealer? Are both options?
Thanks

It's a law in MA that the dealership HAS TO give you the greater amount in rebates, no matter when the truck arrives.
For example, I ordered the truck in November. I drove her home today. The rebates were 2K last month and it's the same this month.
Say the rebate amount went up last week, and my truck arrived yesterday, I get the larger amount in rebate. Ask your dealership how it works as each state is obviously different.

OP
OP
68PowerWagon

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD

Thanks

Every dealer I spoke with gave me the impression that it was a Chrysler policy that if the national rebate was $2,000 when you ordered & it dropped to $1,500 when your vehicle arrived you would stay with the better of the two ($2,000) Same if it went up you started at $2,000 & it went up to $3,000 you get the $3,000 rebate. They also stated that the local deals you made with them would be whatever you made with them at ordering time but my trade-in value might fluctuate a bit depending how many miles I would put on it. I would think that it all would end up being pretty close considering you would probably be making one or two payments while you wait for the build.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They also stated that the local deals you made with them would be whatever you made with them at ordering time but my trade-in value might fluctuate a bit depending how many miles I would put on it. I would think that it all would end up being pretty close considering you would probably be making one or two payments while you wait for the build.

Very true. My dealership wanted to do this to me, but I told them no way.
I drove the old truck almost a full 7 weeks before the new one came in. I don't put much mileage on during the year anyways. Only 7 miles from work, one way.
Good luck!

ss/ah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered a 2500 6.4 hemi Laramie, with NO down, UTAH.