Harmonic balancer bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

65GMK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2010 ram 1500 5.7 have heads off and everything off for my cam and lifter swap except for balancer bolt. Don't have access to an air gun. Somebody suggested using a breaker bar to the frame and bumping the starter to break it loose. Pretty sure that's not the way to get there. Any help much appreciated

smithwessn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've used the breaker bar on the frame rail trick before (not on a ram though) and it worked. If you do, just make sure the handle of the bar is on the correct side of the frame rail.

OP
OP

65GMK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Smithwessn I finally did the breaker bar on the frame thing. Position the breaker bar underneath side of passenger frame. Turn motor over for about a full second. Unbolted easy and smooth. Had my neighbor bump motor while I watched.

smithwessn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Smithwessn I finally did the breaker bar on the frame thing. Position the breaker bar underneath side of passenger frame. Turn motor over for about a full second. Unbolted easy and smooth. Had my neighbor bump motor while I watched.

Nice. Glad it worked out for you. Its a nifty little trick to keep in mind. Lol