Has anybody put an electrical thermostat on their fan to bring it on early?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

15 Handicap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Blue Streak Pearl Coat 3.6
and not throw a code since you cant "tune" anything anymore? I think it could be wired in parallel so as not to create any issues. What your thoughts?

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
Curious what this would accomplish for you. People have removed the active shutters or put in a lower temp thermostat or both. Seems to me that the easiest way to lower the temp would be changing the thermostat. But if you do that, it's likely to change the tune into a less efficient run condition and possibly effect emissions.

This is the video from boostedmotorsports where he is exploring the issue. He has the hemi.

OP
OP
15 Handicap

15 Handicap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Blue Streak Pearl Coat 3.6
Curious what this would accomplish for you. People have removed the active shutters or put in a lower temp thermostat or both. Seems to me that the easiest way to lower the temp would be changing the thermostat. But if you do that, it's likely to change the tune into a less efficient run condition and possibly effect emissions.

This is the video from boostedmotorsports where he is exploring the issue. He has the hemi.

Already did the shutter delete,I live in Florida and pull a travel trailer so I wanna keep things cooler. Even with the shutter delete if I am im traffic(stop + go) it still climbs to 226-228 ,not good. But the delete did drop it normal conditions by 20*.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
A custom tune will allow you to adjust fan temps.