Has anyone replaced the water inlet tube on their water pump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yup....it was that easy to replace it. One bolt that's easy to get to, then just kinda twist and pull out the old tube. The Dorman part fit perfectly.
AWESOME!!! i ordered the dorman tube along with a mopar thermostat housing and some mopar replacement clamps.. all are heavily scaled with rust and i dont want any issues on my upcoming trip down south.. these NJ winters sure are rough on those parts..

OP
OP
NJ4X4

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
AWESOME!!! i ordered the dorman tube along with a mopar thermostat housing and some mopar replacement clamps.. all are heavily scaled with rust and i dont want any issues on my upcoming trip down south.. these NJ winters sure are rough on those parts..
Cool....I'm sure you'll be happy with the Dorman part. I'm super picky and I thought it was a perfect replacement. I'm sure it took me longer to drain some coolant from the petcock valve at the bottom of the radiator than to swap the part. I should have bought a few new clamps too. You're right, these NJ winters do a number under our trucks!

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cool....I'm sure you'll be happy with the Dorman part. I'm super picky and I thought it was a perfect replacement. I'm sure it took me longer to drain some coolant from the petcock valve at the bottom of the radiator than to swap the part. I should have bought a few new clamps too. You're right, these NJ winters do a number under our trucks!
for draining i use a 4' x 5/16" hose and just syphon it out of the radiator .. drains quick and no mess with the petcock...

Last edited: