Has this happened to any one else??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fnjoey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Anyone have an issue with the stock seat cover coming off? I have reclipped it 3 times already, stays for a few days and boom pops back off. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong or what.. but it's getting irritating at this point. And there are no videos that I can fine on how yo put the stock cover on..
20220809_152934.jpg

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Assuming it's like mine, it clips on, then you fold it back over itself and it sort snaps over itself. Once you push it over the "top of the hill" elasticity keeps it in place. At least that's how it worked for me. Sorry if that doesn't make any sense.

OP
OP
Fnjoey

Fnjoey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Assuming it's like mine, it clips on, then you fold it back over itself and it sort snaps over itself. Once you push it over the "top of the hill" elasticity keeps it in place. At least that's how it worked for me. Sorry if that doesn't make any sense.
It sits on the bottom of the frame, then clips on correct? It's not staying. Lol

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
yeah, you stretch it, then clip it, then you fold the whole thing over itself. You see in your picture how the plastic part is like an inch wide? you clip it on, then you fold that piece up by pushing from the front so it sort of swings up from under the seat up to wards the cushion. Once it gets so far it will kind or pop over itself and sort of lock into place, held by its own tension. I'll try and draw you a picture.

OP
OP
Fnjoey

Fnjoey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
yeah, you stretch it, then clip it, then you fold the whole thing over itself. You see in your picture how the plastic part is like an inch wide? you clip it on, then you fold that piece up by pushing from the front so it sort of swings up from under the seat up to wards the cushion. Once it gets so far it will kind or pop over itself and sort of lock into place, held by its own tension. I'll try and draw you a picture.
Yeah., that's what I've been doing.. still pops off after a couple of days.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
See if this makes any sense. You clip it, fold over itself. In the last picture the frame is at the bottom and its sort of wound over itself one time and locks into place.

1660084586137.png

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I' it's still popping off you could try some of those metal clamps they use for holding paper, May help keep it from unraveling.