have a small oil seep/leak at the trans pan, dealer won`t do anything until it drips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
X

xumengpeter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I'm only mentioning this story because it's relevant to this thread as it involves a leaking trans pan and the dealer. I had brought my 06' Ram in for a tranny filter/fluid change to my Dodge dealer. Picked it up and took it home with no issues. A few days later i'm noticing trans fluid drips in my driveway. I look underneath and the pan gasket is dripping. I call the dealer and tell them and arrange to drop it off.

A few hours later they call me to come in. The Service Manager says they found the problem. He said their was a gasket installed on the pan and it's supposed to be RTV only. No Gasket. He then starts in with a condescending tone and says "Any idea how that gasket got there?" He was literally trying to suggest that i must have dropped the pan after i left the dealer and put a gasket in. I was in shock. I told him "you did the work, i have no idea" He fires back with "My mechanics know not to use gaskets so theirs no way we did it". Whatever. Then he tires to charge me labor for the "REPAIR" and for more ATF. I flipped out screaming at them for even suggesting it and it ended up being squashed. But this is what you deal with at some of these dealers.
exactly I was trying to avoid. Some dealers are great to work with, some are just shady AF.

Daddyhas2boys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Help it along, but don't make it to obvious lol

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Long time ago Iwrapped the manifold on a jeep to reduce hood temps. Well as everyone said, it cracked a weld.

The wrap left obvious marks. So i got it red hot and dumped mud on it.
No more wrap marks.

Got it replaced in warranty/tsb.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

mhud59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
do you still have your paperwork from you original service visit, if so hang on to it. it demonstrates that you and they were aware of the problem before your warranty ran out.lt will give you a leg to stand on if you need to go higher up the food chain.

JS4024

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So make it drip... go get some tranny fluid and help it along....