Headers for 4.7 v8?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MEAT SHIELD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Hey guys ! Officially started on my First 2011 ram 1500 SLT project ! I’m currently learning basics of engine performance and have already went ahead and purchased a cold air intake , Throttle body spacer and am looking into an exhaust system. I am trying to make the best of my 4.7 v8 and was wondering if anyone can link me to some headers for my engine if they even exist? Also if anyone cares my project is creating a ram runner, for me it’s all about performance first then the looks come after! Any feedback is appreciated thanks guys!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hey guys ! Officially started on my First 2011 ram 1500 SLT project ! I’m currently learning basics of engine performance and have already went ahead and purchased a cold air intake , Throttle body spacer and am looking into an exhaust system. I am trying to make the best of my 4.7 v8 and was wondering if anyone can link me to some headers for my engine if they even exist? Also if anyone cares my project is creating a ram runner, for me it’s all about performance first then the looks come after! Any feedback is appreciated thanks guys!

No off the shelf headers for the re-designed 08 and newer 4.7's.Gears and nitrous are about all you can do to a 4.7. Sell the throttle body spacer,or drill it for a nitrous nozzle,as it's not doing you much good as far as power goes.Put a catch can on it,as the 4.7's like to rev,and they benefit from a catch can.There's no upgradable cams for the later 4.7's ,when they redesigned the heads in 08,the little motors got the earlier Hi-po HO cams as part of the upgrade.About all you can do is an Air Raid cold air intake,and a catback exhaust,delete the mechanical clutch fan plus tune it,and if you want to turn it into a little tire smoking monster,throw a 50 or at most 75 shot of nitrous at it,then go beat up on stock hemi trucks,lol..Any catback for a Hemi truck will fit.

OP
OP
MEAT SHIELD

MEAT SHIELD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
No off the shelf headers for the re-designed 08 and newer 4.7's.Gears and nitrous are about all you can do to a 4.7. Sell the throttle body spacer,or drill it for a nitrous nozzle,as it's not doing you much good as far as power goes.Put a catch can on it,as the 4.7's like to rev,and they benefit from a catch can.There's no upgradable cams for the later 4.7's ,when they redesigned the heads in 08,the little motors got the earlier Hi-po HO cams as part of the upgrade.About all you can do is an Air Raid cold air intake,and a catback exhaust,delete the mechanical clutch fan plus tune it,and if you want to turn it into a little tire smoking monster,throw a 50 or at most 75 shot of nitrous at it,then go beat up on stock hemi trucks,lol..Any catback for a Hemi truck will fit.

OP
OP
MEAT SHIELD

MEAT SHIELD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Awesome thanks for the response ! That sucks! Maybe one day down the road I’ll be able to afford swapping to a 5.7! But all these things you listed will do for now. As for nitrous I don’t know if I want to head into that territory. I heard a lot of negatives about it ! :banana-mario:

OP
OP
MEAT SHIELD

MEAT SHIELD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8

No off the shelf headers for the re-designed 08 and newer 4.7's.Gears and nitrous are about all you can do to a 4.7. Sell the throttle body spacer,or drill it for a nitrous nozzle,as it's not doing you much good as far as power goes.Put a catch can on it,as the 4.7's like to rev,and they benefit from a catch can.There's no upgradable cams for the later 4.7's ,when they redesigned the heads in 08,the little motors got the earlier Hi-po HO cams as part of the upgrade.About all you can do is an Air Raid cold air intake,and a catback exhaust,delete the mechanical clutch fan plus tune it,and if you want to turn it into a little tire smoking monster,throw a 50

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Awesome thanks for the response ! That sucks! Maybe one day down the road I’ll be able to afford swapping to a 5.7! But all these things you listed will do for now. As for nitrous I don’t know if I want to head into that territory. I heard a lot of negatives about it ! :banana-mario:

Those are wifes tails about nitrous from the old days when guys like me were experimenting with drilling out jets,back in the early 80's and blowing up motors on a weekly basis,lol. Stick with a name brand kit,and don't go any bigger then a 75 shot,and the motor will handle it all day long for years. It's only when you get greedy and start bumping up the power levels or experimenting with leaning out the fuel. My little 4X4 has close to 600 1/4 mile nitrous passes on it,i've been feeding it nitrous for 6 years now,and it's at the dragstrip every week-end in the summer,keeping Hellcats in line,lol
FYI if you have 2 motors one on boost whether it be turbo or supercharger,the other motor on nitrous,both making the same horsepower,which lets say is 500 hp,the nitrous motor will always be faster,as nitrous creates instant cylinder pressure,which is torque,and it'll have more torque then the boosted motor will have

Last edited:
OP
OP
MEAT SHIELD

MEAT SHIELD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Those are wifes tails about nitrous from the old days when guys like me were experimenting with drilling out jets,back in the early 80's and blowing up motors on a weekly basis,lol. Stick with a name brand kit,and don't go any bigger then a 75 shot,and the motor will handle it all day long for years. It's only when you get greedy and start bumping up the power levels or experimenting with leaning out the fuel. My little 4X4 has close to 600 1/4 mile nitrous passes on it,i've been feeding it nitrous for 6 years now,and it's at the dragstrip every week-end in the summer,keeping Hellcats in line,lol
FYI if you have 2 motors one on boost whether it be turbo or supercharger,the other motor on nitrous,both making the same horsepower,which lets say is 500 hp,the nitrous motor will always be faster,as nitrous creates instant cylinder pressure,which is torque,and it'll have more torque then the boosted motor will have