Headlight bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigbootyta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought a 2019 bighorn it has h11 low beams and 9005 highs both halogen. And they both suck. What are y’all running? I like bright but not **** everyone off bright.

1E5BCD8E-7922-44B2-8512-E642026A90CF.jpeg

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Your last sentence of: "I like bright but not **** everyone off bright" probably rules out running LEDs in the lows for you. Use a set of Sylvania ZXE, Silverstar Ultras, or Phillips Crystal Vision Ultras, those will be brighter than stock. Or you could do an H11 to H9 conversion to bump up from 55 watt to a 65 watt bulb

You usually use your high beams when you need extra light and there isn't other traffic around, you might as well use LEDs in the highs. Diode Dynamics SL1 or HIKARI Ultra LED probably will fit inside the housing

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
H11 to H9 conversion here, works GREAT for me!!! I also did my fogs & high beams too!!

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Use a set of Sylvania ZXE, Silverstar Ultras, or Phillips Crystal Vision Ultras, those will be brighter than stock.
Yup, for the time being (at least), I’m running Sylvania ZXE 9005 highs and Phillips Crystal Vision Ultra H11/lows. Very happy with them. Considering maybe going to LED at some point, but I’m happy enough with this setup that I’m in now hurry.

I did go with LASFIT LED fogs, Switchback H11’s (change color from white to yellow when you hit the foglight button), which I like, but they do seem to have a little trouble in very cold (sub 20 degrees F). Probably wouldn’t do the color changing ones if I had to do it again, would just get a yellow lens cover.

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
I got the katana H11 (pretty sure it is the same thing as one of those more expensive lights, but less than half the cost on amazon), the cutoff looks similar to stock, haven’t had trouble with people flashing me yet, remember to go in through the wheel liner to replace them, turns it into a 5 minute job per side.