Headlight conversion questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been debating over doing an LED upgrade for some time ( For atleast my lows in my quad headlights ) but between all the options out there and not knowing which is the best quality brand,cost to upgrade, and issues related to them I think I have decided for now I may hold off on upgrading to LED.

Which got me thinking about doing factory halogen conversions ( H11 to H9 for lows , 9005 to 9011 for highs and possibly even 9006 to 9012 for fogs ).

Here is my dilemma , I currently have Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's in H11 and 9005 for my lows and highs. They are definitely an improvement over factory but still lacking. And having have had a highbeam burn out after 2 years has prompted me to look into alternatives.

When looking for bulbs to use for converting to H9,9011,9012 I am having a hard time finding anything beyond factory replacement. Not much in the form of higher tier upgrades such as a silverstar or a silverstar ultra or a ZXE etc...etc..

Does anyone know for example if a factory replacement Sylvania H9 bulb still has better specs than something like a H11 Silverstar Ultra?. I have tried looking up lumen specs/color temperature etc.. on the different bulbs and am not having any luck.

I'd rather not convert to a standard H9,9011,9012 if my Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H11,9005,9006 are technically better spec'd than them to begin with.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

yortnodnarb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well for the price of a set oh H9's and the few minutes required to swap them out, buy a set and see first hand. If so, then try the fogs and do the highs last since they're the least used.

OP
OP
XXSNOTRODXX

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well for the price of a set oh H9's and the few minutes required to swap them out, buy a set and see first hand. If so, then try the fogs and do the highs last since they're the least used.

Not interested in wasting the money or time pulling apart front end of the truck to trial and error it.

Worst case scenario I suppose that will be my only option lol but I’m hoping someone out there can help with some cold hard facts so I can make an educated purchase decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk