Headlight core charge?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike2733

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
Just spent $1,500 to replace a headlight and asked if I could keep the old headlight. They initially told me yes but then added the next day that I needed to pay a $100 core charge if I wanted the old one. Core charge for a headlight??? Never heard of such a thing. Like the $1,500 isn't bad enough for a new one.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just spent $1,500 to replace a headlight and asked if I could keep the old headlight. They initially told me yes but then added the next day that I needed to pay a $100 core charge if I wanted the old one. Core charge for a headlight??? Never heard of such a thing. Like the $1,500 isn't bad enough for a new one.
Never heard of such thing. Battery - yes. Water pump - yes...because they can rebuild those.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Yup. Working for U-Haul, all new pickup trucks and vans, regardless of manufacturer, we have to send the headlight core back.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nasty..and that again is US Dollars..wow what a scam..the outright price first off is a scandal..then add the core charge.. Shame, collectively it would be nice if we couldn't put these theives out of business by just not buying !...But so many of us love our trucks to death and want to dress them up..GUILTY HERE !

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey T.... I guess that is one way of dealing with these types and spreading the word not to buy from rip off artists..geezz..LOL

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm not surprised. I'm assuming he's referring to an LED headlight. There's no replaceable bulb we could change out but I'm sure they can be serviced given the proper equipment. I've never looked at one (that wasn't installed) so I'm not sure how difficult that would be to figure out. Replacement cost is outrageous, but they're cheap compared to either of our Audi's LOL.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If they want it back, there has to be a way of heating up the parts to disassemble it

Honey, is it alright to take the Pork Shank out of the oven, i need to bake a headlight.
I forgot to buy you another hair dryer to replace that OLD Pink one that you were using

Last edited: