Headlight housing p/n 1500 Bighorn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Okay guys, bought the wife a 2023 1500 Bighorn Night Edition. It unfortunately wasn't built with the Premium Lighting package, so it has standard headlights and fog lights.

She realized that my 2500 has them, and wants them for her truck.

So I'm looking for the part numbers for at least the headlights (complete housings, I would presume) and I can't seem to figure out which ones are which and neither can my local dealer. If I could get the part numbers for the fog lamps as well that'd be great.

Anybody got them?

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Totally out of left field for ya…….have you tried LED bulbs? I have the basic reflector lenses on my BigHorn and yeah the headlights pretty much suck. Tried LEDs and never looked back. Huge difference and way less expensive. Now if it’s the physical look of projectors she wants then no I do not have those part numbers.

OP
OP

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
We talked about that, but she likes the way the LED surround lights up when you put it in gear. And yes there's aftermarket ones but she wants the factory ones - she likes how they say RAM inside them, and she doesn't want the programmable colors.

Mama gets what Mama wants, I just have to find it.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We talked about that, but she likes the way the LED surround lights up when you put it in gear. And yes there's aftermarket ones but she wants the factory ones - she likes how they say RAM inside them, and she doesn't want the programmable colors.

Mama gets what Mama wants, I just have to find it.
I hear ya lol
Have you checked to see if the wiring is compatible? Entry level headlight moving to high end headlight may need electrical ingenuity.

OP
OP

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I hear ya lol
Have you checked to see if the wiring is compatible? Entry level headlight moving to high end headlight may need electrical ingenuity.
That's part of why I'm asking - If anyone has done it and if there's any tips. I am hoping, since Ram tends to have common harnesses across their different levels of vehicles, that the connections are the same...but I don't know as yet. I haven't been able to get under the hood of a '23 with the LED lighting to see.

OP
OP

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I take it no one has swapped their standard headlight bezels for the 'premium lighting' LED bezels?

backtier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want know the answer to this as well. I would rather buy factory Ram lights and just swap them but I am worried the wiring or CPU programming my be different.

OP
OP

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I am guessing that one of us is just going to have to buy parts and see if they work. Seems this isn't a popular thing to do, though I don't know why.

OP
OP

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I want know the answer to this as well. I would rather buy factory Ram lights and just swap them but I am worried the wiring or CPU programming my be different.
So I found someone offline who has done this. Acquiring the housings for both the headlights and fog lights is pretty straightforward and he offered to get me the part numbers.

HOWEVER, the problem is that the wiring harness for a truck with standard headlamps DOESN'T HAVE the extra wires to power the LED surrounds, those wires need to be added in, then the PCM told that that circuit exists and is active. There is apparently someone who sells the add-on harness for these few wires, but after discussion with the wife she doesn't feel the potential problems of adding the circuit is worth the pricetag.

So long story short, it IS possible, but what was a relatively cheap ($995 today) add-on at ordering turns out to be a rather involved and expensive upgrade after the truck is built. Which explains why there are so many aftermarket ones out there, and so few people have gone ahead and done it with factory parts.