Headlight issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickgatti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8 mag
hey guys I’m going crazy here I need help I have a 04 1500 4.7 4wd over the summer one night my passenger headlight went out I checked the bulb when I touched it it went on so now about a couple weeks ago it went out again so I was driving with my high beams on then that went out I spliced a new socket but that didn’t do it I had the same problem so now when I put my headlights on my drivers side goes on but when I put my brights on my passenger side goes on and my driver side goes out please help I can’t find any videos with my year

TERRY G ABNEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
the bcm or fcm as its referred as both names depending on were you search , its the module that plugs into the backside of your fues box under the hood, lights go through it , I had issues with mine ,,if you google problems about it you will see many complaints

OP
OP
N

Nickgatti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8 mag
the bcm or fcm as its referred as both names depending on were you search , its the module that plugs into the backside of your fues box under the hood, lights go through it , I had issues with mine ,,if you google problems about it you will see many complaints
I’ve seen that my problem is now they are randomly working I didn’t even do anything

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I had a similar pain with my 2004 Ram, started with a junkyard FCM, Front Control Module. The problem went away for a while but came back. Ordered a brand new FCM ($232 at the time), again worked for a while then went haywire again.
Ended up having to replace the fuse box itself (~$440 at the time). Seemed there was some corrosion or bad connections between the Fuse Box and the FCM. I tired cleaning the connections between the two but that didn't work. Once the new fuse box and FCM were installed, never had an issue again.

Whether or not the original FCM was an issue i do not know, after the problem was fixed, i used it for target practice to vent frustration with all the money I'd spent for a headlight being out. Instead of fuses of old days, all the lights and the "Lamp Out" dash warning came from the FCM mounted to the fender side of the fuse box.

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I’ve seen that my problem is now they are randomly working I didn’t even do anything
I actually got pulled over for the headlight being out, and as he was writing a warning, it came back on! Didn't turn the truck off, didn't cycle the switch, it just randomly started working again! I know the frustration.