Headlight upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrSoloDolo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking at upgrading my halogens to led’s. What’s everybody running? Don’t think I want something as expensive as Morimoto’s, but I want something that will last and bright enough to light up the dark area I live in. 9CEBF03B-7F93-49D2-B54F-DC32CE695EDF.jpeg

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you changing the housings or just bulbs?

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Farhen, Cougar Motor and TechMax are all popular decent brands which are available on Amazon. I just saw the Farhen high and low beam set of 4 bulbs on Amazon for $70. As long as the bulbs are clocked correctly and headlights aimed correctly LEDs work fairly well
in the quad reflectors. Only issues are making sure you get CANBUS ready bulbs unless you have AlfaOBD and the length of the high beam bulb. The length matters with the high beam (9005) due to the limited space in the housing with the dust cap in place.

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Fahrens are plug and play and great quality, I just recently picked up all 4 bulbs for $40 shipped on sale on Amazon. Can’t beat that

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The housing. Theyre 11 years old and starting to show their age so Im just going to do a total upgrade

Alpharex or morimoto will be the best. There are cheaper but not near worth the money.

Jpage978

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gott make sure they will work in your truck if converting to led, I went thru couple different sets till found 1 that would work in mine, I had to settle on a set that wasn't my favorite

Tuggle

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock & 2015 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have Diode Dynamics LED lights, they work great and are bright. I have had them for a few years. They cost a little more but I think they are worth it.

robinsontech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Classic 2WD
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hi everybody, New to the forum. I am looking to add DRL's on my 2020 1500 Classic. One is this possible ? Two, Will it affect the Auto on and off Feature for the headlights?

Jpage978

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I believe can enable them with alphaobd, if looking for aftermarket lights, comes with wire harness for drl's

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi everybody, New to the forum. I am looking to add DRL's on my 2020 1500 Classic. One is this possible ? Two, Will it affect the Auto on and off Feature for the headlights?
With a security bypass harness and alfaobd, you can set your drl to your turn signals, fogs, or high beams. Doesn't change the function of anything.

SoFLRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 4x4
Engine
Pentastar V-6
Love the fahren led I put in my quad set up. All 4 plus fogs and alpha obd to change fog drop out. 6 leds light up the dark roads.

robinsontech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Classic 2WD
Engine
hemi 5.7
With a security bypass harness and alfaobd, you can set your drl to your turn signals, fogs, or high beams. Doesn't change the function of anything.
Thank you for the information I have been looking at the alfaobd and the security bypass harness.

robinsontech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Classic 2WD
Engine
hemi 5.7
So does that mean my truck even with using the Bypass harness and alfaobd, it will do all that except have day time running lights? My classic doesn't currently have that option and I would love that, as it actually makes your insurance go down some.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So does that mean my truck even with using the Bypass harness and alfaobd, it will do all that except have day time running lights? My classic doesn't currently have that option and I would love that, as it actually makes your insurance go down some.
There's a whole thread dedicated to alfaobd, and there are tons of tutorials on YouTube that can help educate you.

Duskybay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Fahrens are plug and play and great quality, I just recently picked up all 4 bulbs for $40 shipped on sale on Amazon. Can’t beat that
It looks like my low-beams have a projector cap (2016 Big Horn), which the Farhens write-up says not to use with their LED. Do you have low-beam projectors, and they worked?

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It looks like my low-beams have a projector cap (2016 Big Horn), which the Farhens write-up says not to use with their LED. Do you have low-beam projectors, and they worked?
So you're saying you have projectors? In which case no fahrens won't be the best, you need HIDs. There are lots of threads and recommendations out there if you search around. Fahrens are for reflector lenses.