Heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 09 1500 has given me no problems until now. Last week my AC quit blowing cold air. It may be something simple, but have not had time to look at it. This morning it was 28 degrees (Florida) and I ran the heater. Hot air out of the passenger side and cab temp air out of the driver's side.

Now I am starting to wonder if my AC was working, but only on one side. It didn't sound like the compressor was kicking on though, so maybe low on Freon.

I have read about blend doors going bad and really hope that I do not have to pull the dash apart. Also read about flushing the heater core... could a clogged core affect warm air from getting to the driver's side?

Anyway, thought I would run it by the experts and see if anyone else has experienced this

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I don't believe you have to pull the dash for the blend door issue. Behind the glove box? Hopefully someone who has fixed this issue will post up. Pretty sure if the heater coil was involved, it would stop or finish heat, not just one side.

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dang, couldn't find anything with the search and now I see 3 post on this page for the same thing.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What you are describing certainly sounds like the classic HVAC blend door failure.

I assume you have tried cycling the controls from vent to floor to defrost?

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
If you have the manual AC\heat, not Auto Temp Ctrl, you could try a calibration, it worked on mine

HVAC Manual Recalibration

With the vehicle running set the HVAC blower to low
-Press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head for 10 seconds and release.
-Now press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head again until the recirculation LED begins to flash, then release.
-The system will perform a brief recalibration and reset faults