Heated mirrors - Does indicator light up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RandyB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2021 Laramie (purchased with 41K on October) with heated mirrors and blind spot indicators -- and tow package and Off Road package and quite a few options.
I had expected the indicator in the mirror to light up when the heated mirrors were on. I read in the manual that they would be
enabled when you turned the rear "defroster" on. I turned that on, and the light on that switch is on, but the "heated indicator" in the
mirrors does not light. MAYBE IT DOESN'T, but I thought it would. I do NOT have the tow mirrors.

I did search here and didn't seem to find an applicable hit.

Thanks much!

rampaage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The indicator just lets you know its heated, it does not illuminate. When you turn the defrost on, wait 5 minutes and put your hand on the mirror, you will feel the heat if it is working.

skates15

Reaction score
Yeah, I went to the ram dealership and they said it doesn't light up.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have a 2021 Laramie (purchased with 41K on October) with heated mirrors and blind spot indicators -- and tow package and Off Road package and quite a few options.
I had expected the indicator in the mirror to light up when the heated mirrors were on. I read in the manual that they would be
enabled when you turned the rear "defroster" on. I turned that on, and the light on that switch is on, but the "heated indicator" in the
mirrors does not light. MAYBE IT DOESN'T, but I thought it would. I do NOT have the tow mirrors.

I did search here and didn't seem to find an applicable hit.

Thanks much!
What "indicator in the mirror" are you referring to?
The only type of indicator in my mirrors is for Blind Spot Detection. (2020 Laramie)

skates15

Reaction score
The indicator is a defrost icon, that multi squiggly line icon at the bottom right of the mirror. It doesn't light up when activated. You activate it with the rear defrost and I've confirmed this with ram and tested in the cold...I could feel the mirror was slightly warm to the touch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500