Heated seat issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, 2011 ram 1500 sport 4x4. only 57,000 miles.

I have the black leather interior with the heated/cooled ventilated seats.

I "think?" there might be an issue with my heated seats but I'm not sure so I wanted to see if it is common and normal....or a common issue.

My wife has an 05 grand cherokee limited with the hemi and has heated seats and when you turn the heated seats on they almost instantly start heating up and if you leave them on they will get HOT and you will eventually have to turn it to the low setting or off before you start sweating you "ass" off lol.

In my ram however. I can remote start it in the cold (does this even when manually start...just using as an example) and let it run for 15 minutes. Get in the truck and the seats are still cold. and its not until a good 10-15 minutes of driving after that before I can even notice the temp starting to rise....its almost as if out of nowhere something tells the seats (ok,lets start warming up now)...rather than when I initially activate them. If I drive for a half hour or so the temp gets pretty warm but still no where near as hot as my wife's jeep does. And by this time....I am normally to my destination before the heated seats actually feel useful.

I thought maybe the seat element could be getting warn out....but the truck has relatively low miles and the passenger seat does the exact same thing.

My heated steering wheel on the other hand, I can push the button and literally within seconds it is piping hot!....that part works excellent lol.

so is this normal for these rams?....or is there an issue?. Is there a common issue on these trucks that would cause such a thing?....maybe some sort of voltage regulator that controls both seats elements or something?.

thanks in advance for the input guys.

CF_Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Mine are slower then most vehicles I've been in, but definitely not 15 minutes! 15 minutes into Hi eating on the heated seats, and you will be jumping into a nearby snowbank to cool down haha

RR7_905RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine seem to take there time warming up.I remote started this morning and let her run almost 10 minutes.
The seats were warm but not as hot as I expected but then after a couple minutes I had to shut them off because they were so hot.

OP
OP
XXSNOTRODXX

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the input guys.

One thing I am noticing though is you all are in 15' and 16' trucks. Wondering if maybe that's where the difference lies vs. my 11'. Anyone else care to chime in?

stealtharsenal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Night Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just picked up my 2016 Laramie this past weekend and noticed that I sometimes need to cycle both the heated seats and the heated steering wheel in order feel the heat. It also seems that when they do fire up, they are hot for a couple of minutes and then they cool down. Seems like they are hitting a temperature and turning off.

Any one experiencing this?