Heated seat question on wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deep Cherry 14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this topic has been discussed a ton but I have a question I can't find the answer too. I have a 14 slt quad cab. I dont know if the wiring under the seat is there or not and I want heated seats. The wiring obviously makes a big difference on which way I decide to go. OEM vs. Aftermarket. I have 2 pictures of my under seat plugs and hopefully someone can tell me if I do or dont. The single yellow plug is the left front of the seat if your looking down on the seat from above. The others would be towards the opposite corner.20191224_172340.jpg

20191224_172252.jpg

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Havnt seen a dodge with heated seat connectors unless it was ordered with heated seats. Aftermarket is easier in my opinion because it comes with everything. Factory you'd need the switches and wiring and I Beleive the bcm reflashed/alfaobd to make it work.

OP
OP
Deep Cherry 14

Deep Cherry 14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not to contradict you but some comments in the posts about seats said some trucks come rewired and some dont Something like all regular cabs do, some SLT's etc. That's what I'm trying to figure out since there is so much into floating around. I appreciate the comments too.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Not to contradict you but some comments in the posts about seats said some trucks come rewired and some dont Something like all regular cabs do, some SLT's etc. That's what I'm trying to figure out since there is so much into floating around. I appreciate the comments too.
Easiest way to see is pull the wires down and see where the wire goes in on one side and if it comes out the other side connector. If you have extra wires on the truck side it's likely you have the harness. Some do come with not saying it's not possible but almost every one I've seen doesn't have em. Just a trend I've seen.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this topic has been discussed a ton but I have a question I can't find the answer too. I have a 14 slt quad cab. I dont know if the wiring under the seat is there or not and I want heated seats. The wiring obviously makes a big difference on which way I decide to go. OEM vs. Aftermarket. I have 2 pictures of my under seat plugs and hopefully someone can tell me if I do or dont. The single yellow plug is the left front of the seat if your looking down on the seat from above. The others would be towards the opposite corner.View attachment 189833

View attachment 189834
Your truck is not pre wired for heated/vented seats and heated wheel. Some SLT's are depending on what options they have but most aren't. As a rule of thumb the Bighorn and higher trim levels will have the wiring even if they didn't come with the heated seats. All regular cabs are pre wired for heated/vented seats. As I'm sure you know you can purchase a pre made harness from M2mods and install the factory setup if you want or you can go aftermarket. The factory system is integrated into your truck and obviously looks factory and you can add the heated wheel which is nice but the aftermarket setup is much cheaper and should also work well. It's all a matter of preference. This is a picture of what the drivers seat connector looks like when the truck is pre wired for the heated/vented seats and heated wheel. 0b48c780f440229695c7ed9ed066e0e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Stelios

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
All regular cabs are pre wired for heated/vented seats.

Okay, I have a 17 RC express and would like to add heated and vented Laramie seats, do you know if there is power wired for both sides of the seats? Is there wiring there too for a heated steering wheel?

Don't have the truck available to look at because of health problems so trynna figure out how I'm gonna waste money while I'm down lol

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay, I have a 17 RC express and would like to add heated and vented Laramie seats, do you know if there is power wired for both sides of the seats? Is there wiring there too for a heated steering wheel?

Don't have the truck available to look at because of health problems so trynna figure out how I'm gonna waste money while I'm down lol
Yes the truck should be pre wired for everything. Power adjust on both sides, heat on both sides, vent on both sides and the heated wheel. All the regular cab trucks come pre wired for most options. The consensus is that they build so few regular cab trucks they don't bother making different harnesses for certain trim levels like they do with the Quad Cab and Crew Cab trucks. There are a few catches along the way. Your truck is pre wired but the vented seats will not work unless you have the RA3 or RA4 8.4 radio. If your truck doesn't have the 8.4 radio you can easily add it as well which makes the upgrade even nicer. So for the full upgrade you would need the seats, switch panel, 8.4 radio conversion and to enable the codes in the BCM with the alfa tool. If you also want the heated wheel you will need to also add the correct steering wheel and clockspring and enable those codes as well. All the Laramie seats are memory capable. Your truck is not wired for that option to work since memory was not offered in the regular Cab. You can easily add that feature by installing the four wires needed for the memory to function and then enabling those codes in the BCM. All Laramie seats are heated, vented and have memory. Sport seats look like Laramie seats but are not memory capable and may or may not be vented depending on what options the truck came with. Your truck should also be pre wired for the 110v outlet in the dash. The inverter should be mounted to the bottom of passenger side seat and plugs in with the seat harness. It should also work plug and play if you install the correct 110v outlet in the dash and plug in the connector that's already there and enable the codes in the BCM.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yes the truck should be pre wired for everything. Power adjust on both sides, heat on both sides, vent on both sides and the heated wheel. All the regular cab trucks come pre wired for most options. The consensus is that they build so few regular cab trucks they don't bother making different harnesses for certain trim levels like they do with the Quad Cab and Crew Cab trucks. There are a few catches along the way. Your truck is pre wired but the vented seats will not work unless you have the RA3 or RA4 8.4 radio. If your truck doesn't have the 8.4 radio you can easily add it as well which makes the upgrade even nicer. So for the full upgrade you would need the seats, switch panel, 8.4 radio conversion and to enable the codes in the BCM with the alfa tool. If you also want the heated wheel you will need to also add the correct steering wheel and clockspring and enable those codes as well. All the Laramie seats are memory capable. Your truck is not wired for that option to work since memory was not offered in the regular Cab. You can easily add that feature by installing the four wires needed for the memory to function and then enabling those codes in the BCM. All Laramie seats are heated, vented and have memory. Sport seats look like Laramie seats but are not memory capable and may or may not be vented depending on what options the truck came with. Your truck should also be pre wired for the 110v outlet in the dash. The inverter should be mounted to the bottom of passenger side seat and plugs in with the seat harness. It should also work plug and play if you install the correct 110v outlet in the dash and plug in the connector that's already there and enable the codes in the BCM.

Hey Rick, do you know what codes in Alfa are needed to be turned on for the Power Inverter to work?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The codes to turn on the inverter are in the alfa tool but only for the 13 to 15 Rams. For some reason they are not available in the alfa for the 16 and newer Rams even though they are in the BCM. I contacted the developer twice but never got a response back. The problem is easily fixed by simply removing the trigger wire that goes to the BCM and splicing it to an ignition on run power source that only has 12v when the truck is running like the cigarette lighter. It operates the same.