Heater/a/c blower motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I gave my son my '97 1500 pick-up which now has very near 300k miles on it. Yeah!
Anyway he told me the blow started making a clicking noise and gradually it got slower until it stopped blowing.
Is there a way to test whether it's the blower motor itself or the blower motor control module?
I haven't looked but will we have to take the dash apart or can it be accessed from underneath or maybe through the glove box?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You can access the blower motor and the blower motor resistor from underneath the right side of the instrument panel and HVAC housing.

Disconnect the connector from the blower motor and use a DVOM to test for power and ground at the blower motor connector. Make sure you have voltage on every blower speed. Verifying voltage on every switch speed will tell you if the resistor is open on a certain speed. If so then a blower motor resistor is in order. You can also jump power and ground to the blower motor to test it's operation.