Heater hose layout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kilo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’ve been searching for a diagram of the heater core hoses and their orientation on the water pump.

From the heater core at the firewall I have 2 hoses coming out one on top the other.

At my water pump there is a small threaded fitting and above that closer to the radiator is a long metal tube . These are my two hose fittings.

What hose goes where???Or does it even matter????

I can’t seem to find anything on this

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I’ve been searching for a diagram of the heater core hoses and their orientation on the water pump.

From the heater core at the firewall I have 2 hoses coming out one on top the other.

At my water pump there is a small threaded fitting and above that closer to the radiator is a long metal tube . These are my two hose fittings.

What hose goes where???Or does it even matter????

I can’t seem to find anything on this
Heater core flow direction does not matter only thing would be is if there was trash in system reversing the two would flush that trash build up back though cooling system but that would be only thing. but think its top to top bottom to bottom