Heater issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chad Harber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok been searching threads all all morning to no avail. So my heater fan speeds vary randomly, and can't get the modes too change. Blend door behind glove box is in place and doesn't actuate, the doors for the floorboard and the doors behind the console don't actuate either. I get heat from the passenger side vents but not the drivers side vents. My heating system has more problems than a run over dog! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ok been searching threads all all morning to no avail. So my heater fan speeds vary randomly, and can't get the modes too change. Blend door behind glove box is in place and doesn't actuate, the doors for the floorboard and the doors behind the console don't actuate either. I get heat from the passenger side vents but not the drivers side vents. My heating system has more problems than a run over dog! Any help is greatly appreciated!
The door that is behind the glove compartment is the Recirc Door. The blend door is behing the instrument panel center stack. (Behind Radio and HVAC Controls)

If you do not hear any of the doors moving when you operate the mode switch I suspect the HVAC Control Head may have failed. I would turn the ignition key off and remove the center bezel. Unplug the HVAC Control Head. Turn the ignition key to the Run position and reconnect the HVAC Controls. When you plug the connecter into the control head you should hear the HVAC doors moving.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Outstanding! I'll give that a go when I'm off work. Thanks so much for the quick reply!

How did the diagnostics go? Could you hear the HVAC doors moving when you reconnected the control head?