heater problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don Sheward

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The heater control knob turns but no heat, is the knob control bad or something else..Thanks

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The heater control knob turns but no heat, is the knob control bad or something else..Thanks

Well, lets go through a few things. When did this problem start? Is this the first time you have tried to use the heater? Have you recently performed any cooling system maintenance or repairs?

When you move the temperature control knob do you hear the blend door actuator moving or the door moving?

What does the coolant temp look like? Is it running hot or too cold?

While the engine is at normal operating temp, feel both heater hoses at the bulkhead (firewall) and see if there is a large difference in temp. If one side is hot and the other is cold or just luke warm then the heater core has a restriction.

Do you have any issues with the blower switch or the mode switch? Does the blower operate on all speeds? When you turn the mode knob do you hear the actuators and doors moving? Are you able to change the mode so you have air coming from the vents, floor and defrost when commanded?

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Don First WELCOME to the group !
Second what Fast said more info please !

OP
OP
D

Don Sheward

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do not hear anything happening when I move the knob..I've been told it's the blend door but which one is it..I have heard their is more than one under the dash.

WVBiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Don, I found 5 heat/ac doors in the 2008. When I first got the thing last December I had no heat at all. Took it to the shop, they flushed the heater core back and forth with a machine full of Cascade dishwasher cleaner. I had heat through the dash vents. Been fiddling with the system for a while, I think I got it to working the way its suppose to but it is a temporary repair at best.