Heater Went out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sheapdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wife took my truck to work this morning due to the snowstorm last night, and she said the heater wasn't working. She said it was blowing snow through the vents. What is weird is that it was working just fine last night when I drove it.

Any ideas what might be the cause? Stuck valve or something?

Truck has about 96k miles on it if it matters.

Tried using the search feature and nothing was pulling up. I have since seen several posts lately in the forums regarding similar situations. Sorry for the duplication.

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Wife took my truck to work this morning due to the snowstorm last night, and she said the heater wasn't working. She said it was blowing snow through the vents. What is weird is that it was working just fine last night when I drove it.

Any ideas what might be the cause? Stuck valve or something?

Truck has about 96k miles on it if it matters.
Honest response, its probably the snow in the vents clogging up the works. Prolonged operation may clear up the issue but I wouldn't try to change vent positions until its blowing warm again.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Sheapdog

Sheapdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I tried cleaning off truck real quick before she had to leave, and got most of the snow off, but may have missed some areas. I was a bit distracted as the dogs were running off. Those darn Great Danes love to run, and when they do, they don't listen too well. Lol, they are fast.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
In my area, the snow has been very powdery and is getting everywhere when blown (like super dry soil).

OP
OP
Sheapdog

Sheapdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well just in case you were holding your breathe, You were correct regarding the snow covering/clogging up the vents.

Honest response, its probably the snow in the vents clogging up the works. Prolonged operation may clear up the issue but I wouldn't try to change vent positions until its blowing warm again.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well just in case you were holding your breathe, You were correct regarding the snow covering/clogging up the vents.
Awesome, its a good thing to be right about!