Hell cat TRX is offcial

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Let's see what it tows and I may jump. I need it to tow 10k....lots pretty bad ass but no winch

OP
OP
michael harpe

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
Let's see what it tows and I may jump. I need it to tow 10k....lots pretty bad ass but no winch
I'm also disappointed in the lack of a winch, but it sounds so mean. And I think I'm wanting 6 point harnesses in my power wagon now lol. And the hood.. I want the hood.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I won't give up my PW for this but I want that rear bumper. I'm already doing the louvers on the hood to my PW and making them functional.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
interesting. Id prefer a Srt 10 ram over this but I'm sure it will be cool. Not apples to apples i know.

OP
OP
michael harpe

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
I won't give up my PW for this but I want that rear bumper. I'm already doing the louvers on the hood to my PW and making them functional.

I'd love to see what you have progress wise.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine

What louvers you putting in? I’ve thought about it for my truck. Summer time crawling is brutal. I’ve actually popped the hood to let heat out. Truck don’t overheat. Just trying to help it as much as possible? Also we’re doing the box canyon by Florence next weekend if your interested. About 5 or 6 trucks.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
What louvers you putting in? I’ve thought about it for my truck. Summer time crawling is brutal. I’ve actually popped the hood to let heat out. Truck don’t overheat. Just trying to help it as much as possible? Also we’re doing the box canyon by Florence next weekend if your interested. About 5 or 6 trucks.

I'm putting the Rebel Hood louvers on right where the 2500 has the little hood indentions. From the looks of it, the entire Rebel Hood louver is slightly bigger than that area and all that's really needed is to cut out the sheet metal on the hood and attach the louvers.

I'm had my PW overheat twice. Once in Colorado an once here. I had to pop thr hood both times. So yeah, just looking for any help possible.

Appreciate the invite man. Wife and I have a wedding to go to next weekend or I'd definitely be down for that since the weather is so much nicer now.

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hope to have one someday...really badass truck. I’d be willing to bet you can get the winch for it, I got a leave a few things to be options don’t they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This news is making me hold off on getting a procharger for my power wagon. Like someone mentioned earlier, I'm curious to see the tow and haul ratings.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This news is making me hold off on getting a procharger for my power wagon. Like someone mentioned earlier, I'm curious to see the tow and haul ratings.

I would not expect much for tow/haul ratings. It simply isn't designed for that.

Much like the power wagon is heavily derated, Im sure this will be even worse.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I'm putting the Rebel Hood louvers on right where the 2500 has the little hood indentions. From the looks of it, the entire Rebel Hood louver is slightly bigger than that area and all that's really needed is to cut out the sheet metal on the hood and attach the louvers.

I'm had my PW overheat twice. Once in Colorado an once here. I had to pop thr hood both times. So yeah, just looking for any help possible.

Appreciate the invite man. Wife and I have a wedding to go to next weekend or I'd definitely be down for that since the weather is so much nicer now.

Did you cut open the hood yet? Curious of the out come.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Did you cut open the hood yet? Curious of the out come.
I have not yet. I'm still planning on doing the project but been putting a little more thought in to it. I'm gonna put doing it myself as the secondary option. I'm gonna check out a couple local custom shops and see if they would actually be able to punch out those areas instead of just cutting. Reason being is if you look at the Rebel hood, or even the Macho Power Wagon, those vent openings in the hood have rolled edges and are slightly indented which allows the edge of the actual vent to line up with the hood. If none of the shops can duplicate the factor look then I'll cut it myself and install the vents.

When it comes to work like this, I prefer as clean a look as possible. Not saying I can't do a clean job of it, but if I can pay someone to make it look stock and the cost isn't astronomical, then it's worth it to me.

What RAM should have done is just make the Macho Power Wagon which has a bunch of stuff we all want. Then would could just plug and play with these parts.

OP
OP
michael harpe

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have not yet. I'm still planning on doing the project but been putting a little more thought in to it. I'm gonna put doing it myself as the secondary option. I'm gonna check out a couple local custom shops and see if they would actually be able to punch out those areas instead of just cutting. Reason being is if you look at the Rebel hood, or even the Macho Power Wagon, those vent openings in the hood have rolled edges and are slightly indented which allows the edge of the actual vent to line up with the hood. If none of the shops can duplicate the factor look then I'll cut it myself and install the vents.

When it comes to work like this, I prefer as clean a look as possible. Not saying I can't do a clean job of it, but if I can pay someone to make it look stock and the cost isn't astronomical, then it's worth it to me.

What RAM should have done is just make the Macho Power Wagon which has a bunch of stuff we all want. Then would could just plug and play with these parts.

Technically they did make a power wagon with almost everything we want lol. But I also would have loved a working ram air hood for a vararam intake, or a factory snorkel. Now since the vararam has good reviews for wet weather and snow, I'm stuck decided if I want a snorkel or an open top mount air cleaner like a muscle car. Damnit...

Howard Smith

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4 (392)
Technically they did make a power wagon with almost everything we want lol. But I also would have loved a working ram air hood for a vararam intake, or a factory snorkel. Now since the vararam has good reviews for wet weather and snow, I'm stuck decided if I want a snorkel or an open top mount air cleaner like a muscle car. Damnit...

looking at the snorkel myself, but then I don’t normally do water crossings that deep so it would be a “but I could if I had too” type of thing. I love the look of them.

OP
OP
michael harpe

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
looking at the snorkel myself, but then I don’t normally do water crossings that deep so it would be a “but I could if I had too” type of thing. I love the look of them.
Same here. But since the power wagon can ford 30" stock, and lifting it increases that, either way your regulated to the bottom of the doors because if any of the electrical inside isng water proof, then your gonna be dead in the water when it shorts out. I dont know how water proof the FCA connectors are..

Howard Smith

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4 (392)
Same here. But since the power wagon can ford 30" stock, and lifting it increases that, either way your regulated to the bottom of the doors because if any of the electrical inside isng water proof, then your gonna be dead in the water when it shorts out. I dont know how water proof the FCA connectors are..

Very true. Take a moment and watch the 4WD action Austrailia channel on YouTube, great production! They get into some serious water crossings, sand, rock, etc. Well worth the watch, hours and hours of entertainment and some great camp food receipes as well.