Hell cat TRX is offcial

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
michael harpe

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
Call me slow, but what's a ZF?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Look at you mod list I can see that the 37s and the exhaust tone alone turn heads... I like you style. I wish you would do a build tread for us!!

the ZF is used in the fastest, high HP that mopar puts out, so one could assume they would use it. I love mine. It is spot on. And makes my gas engine feel like it has the balls of a Diesel (well almost) when pulling a load.

i have a thread, but dont have great info in there... ill take some time shortly when i get the truck back and validate the fix.

I had a 2016 Hellcat charger in granite crystal with tan interior...it was ****...
that is why i want the 6.2 back, but more importantly, the ZF....it may be one of the best auto trans known to man kind today....ever hear of the HP and TQ they stand up to and how many times you can throw it down a track? nearly limitless if maintained.
best part....my Ram gives me the same grin when i open it up...the 6.4 is that great.... no ford or chevy gasser is doing this..

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This video came out 3 years ago?!?!?!!?!

:crazy: :happy175:

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm waiting for REAL pics of what RAM is doing with the TRX, rarely do the concept vehicles look anything like what is actually put out in production. The new Jeep pickup is a prime example. there have been SO MANY great concepts put out over the last 5 years or so(check out the Jeep pickup concepts at the last several MOABS) and we get something that is just plain meh. Oh well, lets see what they actually come up with for the TRX. Never know, it might be something great!

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Here’s a video from this summer

View attachment 183569

I'm waiting for REAL pics of what RAM is doing with the TRX, rarely do the concept vehicles look anything like what is actually put out in production. The new Jeep pickup is a prime example. there have been SO MANY great concepts put out over the last 5 years or so(check out the Jeep pickup concepts at the last several MOABS) and we get something that is just plain meh. Oh well, lets see what they actually come up with for the TRX. Never know, it might be something great!

very true. Looking at the desert runs they were doing with a 3/4 ton axle has me believe that the torque is going to be 500plus easy and the sounds that were made out gave the conclusion that a super charger is under the hood. it’s either go big or go home cause you are right about Jeep, what they ended with was very safe (boring) compared to concept.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
i have a thread, but dont have great info in there... ill take some time shortly when i get the truck back and validate the fix.

I had a 2016 Hellcat charger in granite crystal with tan interior...it was ****...
that is why i want the 6.2 back, but more importantly, the ZF....it may be one of the best auto trans known to man kind today....ever hear of the HP and TQ they stand up to and how many times you can throw it down a track? nearly limitless if maintained.
best part....my Ram gives me the same grin when i open it up...the 6.4 is that great.... no ford or chevy gasser is doing this..
I found you.
a lot of questions left unanswered but you do have some good pictures and a lot of comment on the suspension. https://www.ramforum.com/threads/build-nearly-complete-18pw.135132/page-2

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Details...
I have no idea what the truck looks like or what it has.
Can't go by this video, this video is 3 years old. I HIGHLY doubt the HELLCAT TRX is going to look like this. Side exhaust? I highly doubt. Would be killer, but I highly doubt it.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have no idea what the truck looks like or what it has.
Can't go by this video, this video is 3 years old. I HIGHLY doubt the HELLCAT TRX is going to look like this. Side exhaust? I highly doubt. Would be killer, but I highly doubt it.
I agree with you on all comments but as a side note the viper does have side exits so it’s not like they haven’t done it before

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with you on all comments but as a side note the viper does have side exits so it’s not like they haven’t done it before
Very true, but that's a whole different animal.

I would love for the TRX to look beastly and have that side exhaust. Maybe it will?? We'll see next year. Still some time away.
It'll "probably" have over 700HP, but the weight will keep it from really moving out. UNLESS,...they do a 4X4 rcsb, but highly unlikely.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Very true, but that's a whole different animal.

I would love for the TRX to look beastly and have that side exhaust. Maybe it will?? We'll see next year. Still some time away.
It'll "probably" have over 700HP, but the weight will keep it from really moving out. UNLESS,...they do a 4X4 rcsb, but highly unlikely.
I just watched a video on a 2019 rebel made to be a TRX or at least what the builders thought FCA would release. Has a hellcat motor. The 1/4 mile time was pretty low all things considered. Cant remember exactly what it was though. I’ll try and find the link

OP
OP
michael harpe

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
I just watched a video on a 2019 rebel made to be a TRX or at least what the builders thought FCA would release. Has a hellcat motor. The 1/4 mile time was pretty low all things considered. Cant remember exactly what it was though. I’ll try and find the link
He did snap the driveshaft

OP
OP
michael harpe

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
Lol figures. It was on stock axels and gear in that video I think also
Correct. Everything was stock rebel. He spent all the money on the engine swap lol

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
He is swapping out the axles as we speak. Possibly the transfer case too, but not sure how he did with the research there.

The TRX is going to be what it said it would be. But only better.

The side exit exhaust was said to be shelved, but no word on that for sure, but I can guarantee Mopar will make a kit for it...but like the stuff from the Macho Mango Powerwagon, who knows when it will be a reality.

The hood scoop is going to be huge to get air to that engine, and the heat extractors will make for an interesting hood for sure.

They originally thought the truck would be lucky to come with 35 inch tires...I hear they are going for the full 37s factory stock.

I am more interested in what this will bring for the Powerwagon. Rumor is there will be a Rebel subbrand like SRT for Dodge.

This is just my guess, but the Powerwagon, TRX, and a street version will wear the black grille and the other regular versions will just be the trim style you buy...like before with the Powerwagon before the Macho look.

Good times to be a RAM FAN.

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i cant believe they even tried to do this in an actual rebel with those weak sauce axles and IFS.....

that engine would be right at home in a PW with solid front axle no problem....should have just went that route, because 4wheel launches on 37s will snap the crap out of any moderately priced(NonRace) IFS design.

and the TRX will be a masterpiece from the factory...but we all know damn well they are going to be broken left and right if people use them.
the factory TRX will need a good $10 grand in suspension beef to actually be able to use the truck in the desert whoops...where it would shine