HELLPPP!!!! Truck down and at Dealership for 4 months and counting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Any vehicle can break at any time. All we can do is maintain them properly, and fix them if/when they break.
While theoretically true, my Toyota 4x4s, and Lexus cars have never cost me anything but normal maintenance. If they made a 2500 long box it is exactly what I would own. Have had Ram for 28 years by default as a full size pickup but my other vehicles for that same 28 years have been predominantely Toyota or Lexus.

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At this point, I'd find a wreck at a junk yard and pull the transmission myself, or get a buddy to help do it, and then swap out with the one from the wreck. I'd ditch that stealership too.

1979PowerWagon360

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 TRX
Engine
My friend had his 2019 Charger at dealership under warranty for transmission issue for over three months, baking in the Sun. I told him he's crazy not DEMAND a loaner/rental vehicle. He was also told parts were the problem.

Anyway, he finally demanded a loaner and got one. He has another car but I'd still demand one; then at least you're saving mileage on your own vehicles AND they are less likely to put you on back burner.

If it makes anyone feel better, our Phord Exploders ROUTINELY spend months at dealership; "parts on order". One just came back after four months, and the windshield was cracked (their issue) so it had to wait on that "on order" and go back to dealership for replacement.