Hellwig 7883 installed..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Have the 7009 bar coming, has anyone done comparisons using the firmest hole? I like my rear end real toight.

Everyone likes it standard or loose I guess. On track for arrival today, was just going to drop it in hole one and let it rip.

OP
OP
Graygoose

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
That’s good, I like having a few unique mods that nobody else has :emotions36:

@shadowhawk came close to doing a few lol
LOL I hear ya, headed to Kansas this afternoon, see if I get the pods next week.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I put the Big Wig anti-sway bar on my 2500 truck and it did nothing for the sway with a heavy camper in the bed but it greatly reduced wheel hop when the bed was empty. Anti-sway bars transfer the impact from one wheel to the opposite on and this is not at all a negative attribute with a pickup truck.

I would get nearly the same improvement by putting a 400 lb load in the bed but great to no have to do that to smooth out the ride.

Ruddy7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTourqe
I'm considering the rear Hellwig Anti Sway Bar for my 2019 Ram 1500. Does anyone make a front end sway bar?

OP
OP
Graygoose

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I'm considering the rear Hellwig Anti Sway Bar for my 2019 Ram 1500. Does anyone make a front end sway bar?
They make fronts, not sure if they do for the new 2019's yet.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
They only make front sway bar for the 2-wheel drives.
Cannot supply link for below because it no longer exist on there FAQ.

[QUOTE
Why doesn’t Hellwig manufacture aftermarket Dodge pickup front sway bars?
We often get customers asking why our truck sway bar line has front and rear sway bars for Ford and GM trucks but only rear sway bars for the majority of the Dodge trucks. It really comes down to an easy answer, they don’t need them. Sway bars are a torsional spring that decreases body roll and sway in a vehicle. From the factory, vehicles are often set up with soft sway bars and with an understeer bias. By making aftermarket sway bars with larger diameters, we increase the stiffness of the bar to decrease body roll even further and bring the vehicle more towards a neutral steer balance. We determine the correct diameter for the bar from a series of calculations, test fit and test drives. The trick is to make the bar stiff enough to decrease body roll and sway and improve handling while not too stiff to hurt handling. Remember, a bigger bar is not always a better bar. After a point it will actually hurt more than help, which is why you don’t see companies making 3” diameter sway bars. In our testing with the Dodge trucks, they do not follow the industry trend of soft stock front sway bars and usually have a very stiff front bar that does not need improvement. While we would love to sell you something for the front of the Dodge trucks, our goal is to make products you need, not just something for you to buy since it is available. For comparison, a 2012 Ford Super Duty 4×4 has a factory 1-1/8” front sway bar which we increase to 1-5/16” on our aftermarket bar. A 2012 Dodge 3500 4×4 comes stock with an 1-7/16” front sway bar which is already 1/4” bigger than our aftermarket bar for the Super Duty. Obviously there is no need to increase this bar even more. We will keep testing the Dodge trucks as they come out to see if any of them need a front sway bar (for instance we found the 2009-2013 Dodge 1500 2wd could use a stiffer front bar so we make one for that model) but if you have a Dodge and we don’t make a bar, it is most likely because it is not necessary. And remember, while Dodge trucks have a strong front bar, they often have a soft or nonexistent rear bar so you will feel a large improvement with the upgraded Hellwig rear sway bar whether you’re towing, hauling or just daily driving you truck!"
][/QUOTE]

SportyJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bought the 7883 kit.

Installed tonight. Only had one problem with one of the end links. It would not adjust far enough in to the female part.
Not tapped far enough is my guess.

Planted the rear end of the truck really well. More solid ride but you can feel the bumps more.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought the 7883 kit.

Installed tonight. Only had one problem with one of the end links. It would not adjust far enough in to the female part.
Not tapped far enough is my guess.

Planted the rear end of the truck really well. More solid ride but you can feel the bumps more.

What hole did you mount the end links too?

SportyJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is there a "right side up" on the sway bar? How do you tell how to install it correctly?

I have mine on with it level on the end links but the truck is a little squirrely.

I even moved the end links to the outer most hole to see if that helped.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
It's symmetrical, have a photo? The links go on the inside of the sway and the assembly should be basically perpendicular to the ground.

96FB310E-1872-46FD-8F21-374BE9112EAE.jpeg

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
I would shorten your links up an inch or more if it's unstable, is it only at high speeds?

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Set the link lengths by the stock ones that you took off