Help! 98' Power seat wiring problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PowerSeeker2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L diesel
I have a 98' that did not have power driver seat. bought a Power seat out of a 01'.The guy at the auto wrecker said all I had to do was run a battery wire from the fuse box hook it up and your all set, so i did what he said. It works until you get to the end of any given funtion then it blowes the fuse. Should I have a relay in the system, fuse breaker or resistor. if so would any one know how to wire it in properly.

Also when i hooked into the seat belt harness the seatbelts wont release unless the key is in the run postion, and after the install, my bateries keep going dead. its like the seat is draining them.

If anyone has any suggestions or info on how to fix these issues I would be very appreciative. I'm scrathching my head trying to figure it out. Thanks in advance.

I am a first time poster, so go easy on me if i'm not doing it right.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a 98' that did not have power driver seat. bought a Power seat out of a 01'.The guy at the auto wrecker said all I had to do was run a battery wire from the fuse box hook it up and your all set, so i did what he said. It works until you get to the end of any given funtion then it blowes the fuse. Should I have a relay in the system, fuse breaker or resistor. if so would any one know how to wire it in properly.

Also when i hooked into the seat belt harness the seatbelts wont release unless the key is in the run postion, and after the install, my bateries keep going dead. its like the seat is draining them.

If anyone has any suggestions or info on how to fix these issues I would be very appreciative. I'm scrathching my head trying to figure it out. Thanks in advance.

I am a first time poster, so go easy on me if i'm not doing it right.
In the trucks that came from the factory with power seats there is a 20amp circuit breaker in the Power Distribution Center. It is in the #2 Circuit Breaker slot in the PDC.

Did you get the seat switches from the 2001 model truck when you purchased the seat track? If not I highly recommend getting the seat track trim panel and the associated switched to operate the seat track.

This is actually a really simple wiring setup just for the switches. You have a single B+ hot wire to the seat switches and a single ground to power the switches.

How did you wire the seat track? Did you run a hot wire from the PDC or the battery directly to the wiring on the seat track motors?