Help! ALFAOBD mileage correction not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was such a pain getting the miles correct, but it finally happened. I used the OBDLink MX+ and tried going through all the steps as so many YouTube videos described. After selecting the 7" premium option and running the program it failed again. Rather than let it rest I immediately switched to the 3" option and ran the program and it finally worked, though I still got a failure message. Not sure if this will be helpful, but it's what worked for me. I have yet to get the hours correct.

gthoms334456

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Guys, who is this Alexey? can i email them? Ive been trying to change my odometer reading for a few days now, tried everything and still no success. I have a 2019 Classic and the premium cluster is from a 2015, Ive watched all the youtube vids and did as they say, still no luck, frustrated AF

jhl1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Folks!

I also have trouble with the correction of my mileage after IPC-Conversion from 3.5" Basic-MPH to 7" Premium-KPH Cluster.

My tools are AlfaOBD 2.3.8 (on Windows 10) with OBD Link EX.

It's possible that the Security Gateway Module of my 2018 RAM to decline all changes? Also I can't disable "Honk on close" via AlfaOBD in the BMC-Module.

I suppose I can only read settings of my RAM (Backup of BMC was successful) but no writeback is possible due to SGW.

Have anyone an idea or confirm my theory?

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Folks!

I also have trouble with the correction of my mileage after IPC-Conversion from 3.5" Basic-MPH to 7" Premium-KPH Cluster.

My tools are AlfaOBD 2.3.8 (on Windows 10) with OBD Link EX.

It's possible that the Security Gateway Module of my 2018 RAM to decline all changes? Also I can't disable "Honk on close" via AlfaOBD in the BMC-Module.

I suppose I can only read settings of my RAM (Backup of BMC was successful) but no writeback is possible due to SGW.

Have anyone an idea or confirm my theory?
From what I have read, the OBD Link EX is limited in what it can access. The OBD Link MX+ gets into way more stuff.

Have had zero module / PID access problems with my MX+, running AlfaOBD on a windows 10 laptop.

Also, did you change the VIN number to the actual vehicle VIN, programmed in the cluster?

jhl1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi

From what I have read, the OBD Link EX is limited in what it can access. The OBD Link MX+ gets into way more stuff.

According to alfaobd.com is OBDlink MX+ or EX fully supported. I prefer an cable connection instead Bluetooth.

After research I found some informations about SGW, which installed in all FCA vehicles 2018 onwards.

I guess I need this plug to bypass the SGW: https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_sgw/

Also, did you change the VIN number to the actual vehicle VIN, programmed in the cluster?

No, not yet.

I've followed all steps of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djwFPP69YaU

Due to the Metric-Cluster, I've additionally set IPC > Programmer features > Unit to Metric in AlfaOBD.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi

According to alfaobd.com is OBDlink MX+ or EX fully supported. I prefer an cable connection instead Bluetooth.

After research I found some informations about SGW, which installed in all FCA vehicles 2018 onwards.

I guess I need this plug to bypass the SGW: https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_sgw/
OK, My bad. I figured you had already installed the security bypass, since it is stated everywhere that is the 1st thing any '18 or newer needs to acces the computers to make changes.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
OK, My bad. I figured you had already installed the security bypass, since it is stated everywhere that is the 1st thing any '18 or newer needs to acces the computers to make changes.
Not you "Bad" at all. This is precisely what happens when you don't take the time to read the instructions. Even the Alphaobd instructions make it very clear that you need a security bypass.

Anyone futzing around with the BCM that hasn't taken the time to read the detailed instructions is REALLY asking for major problems. What do you think the odds are that a Base configuration file wasn't created, downloaded and saved? I would be willing to bet there is a pretty high chance it wasn't.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio