HELP! I'm looking for a accessory wire....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hello!
I'm looking for a accessory wire in the bed area for my aux heater. Can someone give me some information on where one might be located????

Do you know if the plug in for trailers aux power shuts off or stays on?? o_O

I'm up for brainstorming. :)
received_2414290402182303.jpeg

Thanks. ;)

received_506101203558342.jpeg

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The +12V in the trailer plug stays hot and is fused at 30 amps.
If you want something switched with the ignition you'll have to run something from the fuse box under the hood.

OP
OP
Walz

Walz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The +12V in the trailer plug stays hot and is fused at 30 amps.
If you want something switched with the ignition you'll have to run something from the fuse box under the hood.

OK, I checked the fuse box under the hood, with my volt meter, and I could be wrong, seems everything is hot.

Give me a nudge and I'll check it out. I don't want to cause issues with the computer system, so if the engine compartment has a "hot on with the ignition" that can handle the heater motor that's a great place.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Chances are you will probably have to use a continuous duty solenoid or high capacity relay to switch power right from the battery to run the heater. Since you'll only need to power the coil side of the relay/solenoid you can probably tap off the power inverter circuit (should be switched w/ignition).

OP
OP
Walz

Walz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Chances are you will probably have to use a continuous duty solenoid or high capacity relay to switch power right from the battery to run the heater. Since you'll only need to power the coil side of the relay/solenoid you can probably tap off the power inverter circuit (should be switched w/ignition).

Great idea I totally forgot about the solenoid! I have all of the wiring in one location, that's an easy peasy fix. Just ordered the part.

:big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance:

OP
OP
Walz

Walz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I was able to use a small accessory wire (not being used) under the drivers seat where my inverter is located, now installing the relay made my task easy peasy. :signs8:

15_123_sm.gif
i found a USA made one that works great. :party36: