help please!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
okay...I'm about to rip my dash into pieces more then it already is...

is this ************* even removable?!

61e5c3db-d0bd-2e3c.jpg

I'm talking about the passenger air bag cover.

I have been battling with it for what seems like years. cant get the ****** off. bottom and sides are loose and all the clips along the top are loose..but it still won't come off wtf! it looks like it is attached to a hinge maybe?

61e5c3db-d120-63f4.jpg

61e5c3db-d12c-d609.jpg

61e5c3db-d138-dcba.jpg

61e5c3db-d144-18ea.jpg

anyone know how to get this ******* off?!

Tapatalk Addict

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
im not sure how to take it off but what ever you do be careful. Make sure both sides of the battery are disconnected and wait for atleast 20 min for the caps to discharge. Dont want to take anychances of the airbag going off in your face.

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
well I took the neg cable off and let it sit
for over a hour before touching it. I need my truck tomorrow that's why I was trying to get it off and painted in one swoop so I didn't have to Button it up again and wait again for the charge to die out. grrrr I have been defeated by a puny piece of plastic

Tapatalk Addict

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
what about masking everything off and just preping it in there and painting instead of trying to take it off.

WhiteRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500 CCLB
Engine
6.7 CTD
im not sure how to take it off but what ever you do be careful. Make sure both sides of the battery are disconnected and wait for atleast 20 min for the caps to discharge. Dont want to take anychances of the airbag going off in your face.

Hahahaha that would fukken suck

WhiteRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500 CCLB
Engine
6.7 CTD
Take your time man. You might want to wait until you have more time to pay attention to it to make it perfect.

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
what about masking everything off and just preping it in there and painting instead of trying to take it off.

think this is what I will have to do

white ram, this is about the most time I will have, off work for a week and school starts in a week. if I didn't have a pesky sister to drive around I'd be able to work on this **** all day -_-

Tapatalk Addict

WhiteRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500 CCLB
Engine
6.7 CTD
Drats. If I was closer I'd help ya bud.

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
yeah I know, thanks man appreciate it. she's going to her friends house tonight so might work through the night...and have all day tomorrow too

Tapatalk Addict

WhiteRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500 CCLB
Engine
6.7 CTD
Good luck brochacho. I hope you get it painted.

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Ok...first off, don't panic!

2nd...that piece with the vents around it doesn't come off, except with the air bag unit. It hinges up when the bag deploys...so DON'T be pokin' on it anymore!

So you will have to remove the airbag. It's not that tough.

Keep the battery disconnected.

Remove the cover off your air bag module assembly on the tranny hump.

Locate the wire loom that runs to the pass air bag. It will have a lock on the connector you will have to work out. Then disconnect the loom.

Those three yellow white bolts in 2nd pic on the bottom of the second pic that hold the module to the dash...remove 'em.

The module, with the dash piece should slide out...but i cannot remember if there are any other bolts on that hold the module to that dash...this is where a factory service manula comes in handy...wth I have one!

Ok...I'll look, but the off chance tthose are the only bolts, CAREFULLY slide the the airbag assembly out. Keep face and hands out of the path of the bag if possible.

Safety first...handle it as you would a live mortar shell...well they're not supposed to go off, but be careful anyway.

Final EDIT: There are 2 other bolts located towards the back of the assembly behind the first 3 bolts, one on each side. You'll have to remove those as well and the unit should come right out.

PLASE BE CaREFULL! Heavy gloves and eye protection are manditory for dealer personnel.

Last edited:
OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
had a feeling that was the only way to get it out once I saw the hinge it swings on. I will get it figured out guys, thanks all for help/support. should be worth it in the end.

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
lol yeah for that one piece, I'm feeling the same way haha

Tapatalk Addict

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
lol yeah I am feeling that! lol i might just be done with my interior tomorrow..getting alot done tonight..