Help! Power Deployable running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcummo11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
Hey all. I’m new to this forum and I am getting ready to buy a 2020 2500 Laramie. I want one with the power deployable running boards. One dealership had a truck on the lot without the running boards but says they can add them on. They will put on Amp running boards (as opposed to Mopar) but he claims Amp actually makes Mopar’s boards. So my understanding is Mopar buys them from Amp and then puts their name on it, then installs them on the trucks at the factory. I have 2 questions: 1) Is this accurate? 2) From what I read, the Amp boards are plug and play. Does that mean they won’t be integrated into the Uconnect and not work as they should and be able to be accessible from the touch screen display? Any and all help will be much appreciated!!

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
The factory boards looks like amps. Amp does come with a 5 year 60k mile warranty on there power step. I cant speak for mopar getting them from amp but they have plug and play options or hard wired. You wont beable to access any options for the boards from the uconnect. What options would you be missing to be able to control?

OP
OP
J

jcummo11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
Thanks for replying. From what I’ve read in other forums, you should be able to deploy the steps from the Uconnect or via an app when the doors are closed, for example if you’re washing the truck.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Many, many different vendors produce a plethora of parts for all cars and trucks for all manufacturers. For many years, First Brands made seat belts for GM.
Airtex was Chrysler's vendor for fuel pumps installed on the assembly line. I once bought an Airtex for my 2000 Grand Cherokee, and when I opened the box, it had a Pentastar emblem with the OE part # next to it along with the aftermarket part nomenclature tag. I bought it from O'Reilly's.
Carter made fuel pumps for several OE Manufacturers through the years. It's prolific.
Accessories are all made by outside firms. A convertible is usually produced from coups by outside vendors.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey all. I’m new to this forum and I am getting ready to buy a 2020 2500 Laramie. I want one with the power deployable running boards. One dealership had a truck on the lot without the running boards but says they can add them on. They will put on Amp running boards (as opposed to Mopar) but he claims Amp actually makes Mopar’s boards. So my understanding is Mopar buys them from Amp and then puts their name on it, then installs them on the trucks at the factory. I have 2 questions: 1) Is this accurate? 2) From what I read, the Amp boards are plug and play. Does that mean they won’t be integrated into the Uconnect and not work as they should and be able to be accessible from the touch screen display? Any and all help will be much appreciated!!
1) No, that is not accurate. They are completely different power running boards
2) No, the amp steps will not integrate with Uconnect for the settings in the radio

You can buy the Mopar kit for a little bit cheaper than the amp steps, and they are way easier to install, because the boards come fully assembled and you just bolt them on in about 15 minutes. Then it’s just a matter of running the wire harness. The dealer would add the sales code for them to use the radio settings.