Help with exhaust please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ALRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Long story short-the muffler shop confused me with another customer and put dual exit exhaust magnaflow muffler on my truck without resonators. Without getting into their screw up, I want the single exit with the resonator due to drone. Can anyone give me the part number for magnaflow that everyone seems happy with when keeping the OEM tailpipe with resonator? I’m aiming for more initial rumble but no drone when cruising. Thanks

RAZ175

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L
If you have your stock resonator and tailpipe you can put in the Magnaflow Mufflex;
This is a bolt in replacement of the stock muffler. I don't have experience with this to know about drone. Most reviews say it doesn't drone.

If you don't have your stock system any more, you can go with Magnaflow 19200 catback system. It has replacement muffler and a resonator. I had this on my truck and it drones pretty bad from 1500-1900 rpm's. I ended up putting the stock system back on.

Last edited:

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Long story short-the muffler shop confused me with another customer and put dual exit exhaust magnaflow muffler on my truck without resonators. Without getting into their screw up, I want the single exit with the resonator due to drone. Can anyone give me the part number for magnaflow that everyone seems happy with when keeping the OEM tailpipe with resonator? I’m aiming for more initial rumble but no drone when cruising. Thanks
Take it back, but I'm guessing the muffler part # is 14151. This could be for the main muffler in the catback kit 19200, assuming the muffler in the kit can be bought separately. The 14151 is 20" long. They list a 14150 that is 16" long. May need an longer header pipe even for the 20", I can't recall if the 19200 muffler is 20" or 16 and at the present truck is not here. May need a reducer as well for the OE tail pipe b/c I can't recall pipe size. The Magnaflow muffler in the 19200 kit has 3.5" inlet and outlet.

OP
OP
ALRedneck

ALRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I kept all the OEM exhaust parts so I can always go back to stock. I have found the drone isn’t bad above 2,000 rpms so I may be fine with it after all. I lock out 5 and 6 gear most of the time now that I’m not DD and the rpms are above that drone threshold driving it that way. Thanks for the part numbers and I appreciate the help.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I kept all the OEM exhaust parts so I can always go back to stock. I have found the drone isn’t bad above 2,000 rpms so I may be fine with it after all. I lock out 5 and 6 gear most of the time now that I’m not DD and the rpms are above that drone threshold driving it that way. Thanks for the part numbers and I appreciate the help.
I may have effed up. I just hauled mine off to landfill after sitting in garage for 5 years. Wife kept *******' about it, I had enough.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I may have effed up. I just hauled mine off to landfill after sitting in garage for 5 years. Wife kept *******' about it, I had enough.
I sold my original muffler for 75$ to a guy that just picked up a used ram with a way too loud exhaust on it for him. Recycling haha