Help with headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Purchased a 2012 SLT and trying to upgrade headlights. Purchased Raxiom from American truck and they are like flashlights. Asking for recommendations for a decent light, so many on the market not sure where to start. Would like LED bar around light. Looking for moderate price point, $1000 lights are not an option for me. Any help appreciated!

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't have them myself but heard good things about alpharex

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I'll second the Alpharex headlights, their Nova and Lux series are all LEDs, the Pro series are halogens but people use LED bulbs in them. People report better light output from the Lux or Nova instead of using LEDs in Pros

If your truck has fog lights, the DiodeDynamics SS3 SAE Pro level Fogs are highly recommend, there's a kit:

OP
OP
R

Ruud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'll second the Alpharex headlights, their Nova and Lux series are all LEDs, the Pro series are halogens but people use LED bulbs in them. People report better light output from the Lux or Nova instead of using LEDs in Pros

If your truck has fog lights, the DiodeDynamics SS3 SAE Pro level Fogs are highly recommend, there's a kit:
Have the taillights and they are great. Nova and Lux are out of my price range but considering pro. Thanks for your input!

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ask yourself how bright you really need to go in order to drive safely. Most aftermarket HID/LED upgrades are crap. They're too intense and don't aim properly so you end up blinding oncoming drivers. If you need auxiliary lighting for back roads or the woods install a light bar. Don't be the jerk with million candle power headlights.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I have stock quad halogens in my 19' Classic and recently upgraded to Fahren LED high/lows with underground LED driving lights, and installed yellow LED fog light pods as well.

I took my time and aimed everything correctly, and no one is getting blinded, but I sure do see better now ;)

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have stock quad halogens in my 19' Classic and recently upgraded to Fahren LED high/lows with underground LED driving lights, and installed yellow LED fog light pods as well.

I took my time and aimed everything correctly, and no one is getting blinded, but I sure do see better now ;)
I have the Fahrens as well. Hi/lo/fog. Very pleased.

Repost Police

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Have the taillights and they are great. Nova and Lux are out of my price range but considering pro. Thanks for your input!

I have the pro's and they are great compared to stock. I put morimoto HID's for the headlights (5500K) and ran gtr ultra 2 led for the high beam.

I've adjusted them and the light output is pretty good and doesn't blind oncoming traffic.

Repost Police

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Fitment is good. Only issue I’m having is the DRL does not want to come on unless the headlights or parking lights are on. Kind of weird…may have to reach out to them.

Attachments

• IMG_1891.jpeg
    IMG_1891.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1892.jpeg
    IMG_1892.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 6