Hemi 8 Speed Order & Build Progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dsw1519

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
Congrats. Hopefully the time flies by for you.

beastofeast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I was at dealer on March 30th and was told that I could not order an 8 speed transmission with a hemi. When will I be able to order one. I want to get a Longhorn. I must have just missed being able to order that combination.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I was at dealer on March 30th and was told that I could not order an 8 speed transmission with a hemi. When will I be able to order one. I want to get a Longhorn. I must have just missed being able to order that combination.

Was it a 4x4 or a 4x2 you were ordering?

UPNO4

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie , 2023 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8spd, 6.7 CTD

When I was ordering Mine they told me the 8 Speed was the option that week. He did mention that the week before it was not available but the week before that you could order either the 6 spd or 8 spd.

Looks as if you just "missed it by that much"

To be honest I was a little disappointed that I was stuck with the 8 spd for 2 reasons, 1st the Shift knob did not appeal to me at all I like shifters especially console shifters and 2nd I was worried that the NEW trans might have some bugs to work out. Then I drove one the knob still is growing on me, I will let you know after I have had it for a while. But the Trans sounds pretty well tested and so I think I will be very happy with it and the gas mileage bump sounds great.

OP
OP
dsw1519

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
To be honest I was a little disappointed that I was stuck with the 8 spd for 2 reasons, 1st the Shift knob did not appeal to me at all I like shifters especially console shifters...

I've adjusted to the knob shifter quickly and now I just reach for it without thinking about it. It has been a easier transition than I expected. JMO.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
When I was ordering Mine they told me the 8 Speed was the option that week. He did mention that the week before it was not available but the week before that you could order either the 6 spd or 8 spd.

Looks as if you just "missed it by that much"

To be honest I was a little disappointed that I was stuck with the 8 spd for 2 reasons, 1st the Shift knob did not appeal to me at all I like shifters especially console shifters and 2nd I was worried that the NEW trans might have some bugs to work out. Then I drove one the knob still is growing on me, I will let you know after I have had it for a while. But the Trans sounds pretty well tested and so I think I will be very happy with it and the gas mileage bump sounds great.

This trans has been used in several mfg cars for a couple of years now. The trans itself isn't an issue as much as the tune that Chrysler throws on it.

Rolls, BMW, Jag all use it.

UPNO4

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8spd, 6.7 CTD
This trans has been used in several mfg cars for a couple of years now. The trans itself isn't an issue as much as the tune that Chrysler throws on it.

Rolls, BMW, Jag all use it.

Yes that is what I found and why I am not as worried about it.
Still it is new to the trucks so *knock on Wood* I hope it works out as well as I hope. I plan to keep this Truck for a LOOONNNGGG Time

UPNO4

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8spd, 6.7 CTD
Sweet Truck ENJOY

cajun87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I ordered my truck last friday. I ordered an outdoorsman crew with the 6.4' bed and they said that they can place the order but dodge wont start processing that bed option until next month.

bitNine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Mine took 3.5 weeks from the time is was built until my dealer received it. That was a long freakin 3 weeks.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

That's crazy fast. I was at the dealer on Monday ordering my new 2500, and he said they had a guy who ordered his 1500 at the end of Jan, and it just shipped on 4/19. That had me a bit worried, but I know that the 1500's and 2500's are built in different places. I'm expecting it to take up to 2 months.

ShaunMcK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Moving on up. Have had 3 Dakota's over the last 14 years. Time for a Ram.

Just placed the order yesterday for Outdoorsman, Crew 4x4, Hemi 8spd, Air Susp. Decided to skip the RamBox. Now the long, agonizing wait...

Reactions: ZCR

junior010104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Spd
I ordered my RAM 1500 on 03/09/13 and VOTS still shows production scheduled. I have the 8-SPD with the 3.55 without air suspension. It's mineral gray with just about every option available added on. But for you out there still waiting I have found some good information on delays. The links are below. One being that the 1500 Regular Cab is being built in Mexico. All other 1500 models are at the Warren Plant. Also if you have ordered the 8-SPD(DGD) or the Customer Preferred Package(2TM), production is not scheduled to start until 06/03/13. If you got the Auto Start/Stop System (XBU) with 8-Speed Auto Transmission (DFD) and not the 2TM then production will start on 05/24/13. This information is accurate as of 04/24/13. Additionally there was a protest at the Warren Plant due to the shift in work schedules with the 2013 models. Some workers purposely sabotaged production causing half of the completed trucks to be fixed in the inspection stages. Also Chrysler-Fiat has recalled more than 200,000 vehicles due to many issues, one being on the 1500 a parking brake problem. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but now you can have a better idea of what is going on and what to expect. The best thing you can do is to either call your dealer to check the status of your vehicle. They can see much more information then what VOTS shows us. Also you can call RAM HQ at 1-866-RAMINFO and ask for the status of your vehicle at much more convienient times. Make sure that you have the last 8 digits of your VIN number or your VON number. Also know your production codes which I have also included a link for. If you have production scheduled that means D-Status-firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available. What you want to be looking for is D1-Status-gateline schedule - scheduled to be built. This means it has a hard date when it will start and it will also have estimated ship date which will occur as long as there are no quality assurance issues. Hope this helps and gets more info out there.

Chrysler Trucks (Production Updates)

Ram Order Status Codes

ZCR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Longhorn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi A8 3.92
Update on my Longhorn Hemi w/8s & air.

4/17/13 - Ordered
4/25/13 - VOTS: Production Scheduled

Zach

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8

Well screw this! I'm doing something about this! Either they start making mine or I'm getting a Ford. So far I'm regretting my decision to give Chrysler another try. I knew I'd get boned again.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

ZCR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Longhorn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi A8 3.92
Well screw this! I'm doing something about this! Either they start making mine or I'm getting a Ford. So far I'm regretting my decision to give Chrysler another try. I knew I'd get boned again. .

Sorry for your troubles. Though I don't have it yet and I'm trying not to get my hopes up for an on time delivery. I'd hate to see you give up on such an awesome truck.

The best of luck to you.

Zach

ScottSwa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered my truck, Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn with Hemi 8 speed and various other toys on 4/8/13. Picking it up tomorrow.....can't wait

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8

Yeah and mine was ordered 02/08/13. At this rate I should just wait for the 2014.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.