Hemifever tune or bolt ons first?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
I was looking at the HP tuners and I am so confused about their setup. I see the pcm upgrade is like 399, then have to buy the tuner itself and then credits of some sort? The diablo seems so much more straight forward which is probably part of the appeal

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For you Diablo will be fine :peace: Thats what I started with. Just stay away from Pulsar and PC they are gimmicks.

But once you get into the weeds and do real upgrades like cam swaps HP is better suited.

Also HP is great if you're a retard like myself and have 3 vehicles to work on. As it works on everything

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
Lol nice, thanks for the reassurance. Id like to do the pcm swap i3 and do the canned tune pretty soonish. Then pay hemifever or greene for a custom tune down the line. If I did the pcm swap through hemifevers site would it also work with the HP tuner or aould I have to send it out to them?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diablo only unlock the PCM to work with them. Thats what is super shady about them. I dont have that issue with MY12 ****box, they werent locked back then... lol.. . Join HiPo rams on FB way better info on there compared to here.

@Wild one Do you remember if HP unlocked PCM work with diablo , I having a brain fart and cant find the tread on High Performance Ram FB page.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To fix the speedometer, you can buy the AlphaOBD/OBDLink MX+ setup. You can change the tire size with it and it can also act as a scanner as well as add factory options if you are interested in doing that.

The air box mod is using the lower box/and or just the snorkel off of the ecodiesel and 6.4. I just bought the snorkel and cut the stock air box and installed the ecodiesel air filter.

The 6.4 intake manifold is supposed to be a nice mod - but only the 6.4 intake manifold off of a truck.

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
To fix the speedometer, you can buy the AlphaOBD/OBDLink MX+ setup. You can change the tire size with it and it can also act as a scanner as well as add factory options if you are interested in doing that.

The air box mod is using the lower box/and or just the snorkel off of the ecodiesel and 6.4. I just bought the snorkel and cut the stock air box and installed the ecodiesel air filter.

The 6.4 intake manifold is supposed to be a nice mod - but only the 6.4 intake manifold off of a truck.
Do you happen to have the part number or where you bought it?

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
Diablo only unlock the PCM to work with them. Thats what is super shady about them. I dont have that issue with MY12 ****box, they werent locked back then... lol.. . Join HiPo rams on FB way better info on there compared to here.

@Wild one Do you remember if HP unlocked PCM work with diablo , I having a brain fart and cant find the tread on High Performance Ram FB page.
That is shady, does the hp have canned tunes or is it custom only?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That is shady, does the hp have canned tunes or is it custom only?
It's custom,HP is just a program you buy and then you can adjust things yourself or have a tuner do a custom tune for you. Rick Tapp is one of your better bets for unlocking your PCM,as he doesn't lock them to either HP or Diablo.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As my signature on the forum shows I've done most of what you seem to be looking at. I will say I had a moment of displeasure dealing with Diablo/HemiFever. But in the end it all got resolved and my truck runs far better. I originally planned on just disabling MDS. I later decided to get the FRP Mark 82 cam and long tubes since I plan to keep the truck a long time. With all that being said, I looked into a Pedal Commander, Pulsar and a bunch of other things that people "claim" to add power with. But they're just gimmicks as @DILLIGAF said. I like my Vararam, whether it's actually better than stock could be debated. But with the modifications I have, I wouldn't be surprised if someone working on a tune with HPTuners they'd find more power. At the end of the day HemiFever got the truck where I'm satisfied. My advice is to come up with a halfway decent goal/plan so you can buy/modify accordingly. Buying re-tunes when you add a cam or power adder is an added expense that you wouldn't have if you use HPTuners from the start. Like all my costs for DiabloSport and HemiFever will be burnt when I finally spend the money on a supercharger setup at that point I'll have HPTuners and have it tuned locally so it can get done perfect.

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thank you for the link to the Tapp performance. It sucks there isnt a canned tune so id have to go all in all at once but if it as good of a tuner people say maybe ill just wait to do it after getting the headers and cam ect. I did see they have like a tune forum where people can show or share their tune, maybe someone has a stockish one that would work in the time being. I don't think I'll go as far as supercharger but tbh who knows. I love the 4th gen looks ect.

I guess it comes down to how impatient I am with the tune but once I get the muffler and tips put on in sure that will keep me at bay for a bit! Still having issue finding a source to buy that 6.4l diesel intake manifold and box setup but will keep looking. The new manifold would not require a tune to run properly right? I get the tune would maximize proficiency though. I love the stock "sleeper" look. My truck is lifted with the stock wheels and when I buy new ones that have proper clearance/offset so I can ditch the hub centric spacers ill be looking for some very close to them.

Thank you all again. I messaged nick the vendor here for how the quote thing works and ill keep this post updated when I get it installed.

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
It’s actually the 3.0 diesel lower air box or 6.4 hemi lower air box. May be why you’re having an issue.
Ah yeah probably lol thanks for pointing that out. Do you know if both of those or which ntake manifolds fit the 5.7? Id like to do the manifold plus box/filter/snorkel

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ah yeah probably lol thanks for pointing that out. Do you know if both of those or which ntake manifolds fit the 5.7? Id like to do the manifold plus box/filter/snorkel

Air Cleaner Body - Mopar (68292879AA)​

That’s the part number for the lower box. Directly from the mopar parts website. I’m having a hard time finding the part number for the fender snorkel. Go to moes performance. He sells the 6.4 intake manifold as a kit

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The new manifold would not require a tune to run properly right? I get the tune would maximize proficiency though.

Air box no tune.

Intake manifold "shouldn't" require a tune as long as you use the spacers and keep your stock 5.7 injectors. If you opt to use the 6.4 fuel injectors you need to tune. Also, a tune will better use the manifold, but "shouldn't" be required.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When you do the 6.4 manifold you’ll need to buy the upper half of the air box as well as the tube