Hemifever tune or bolt ons first?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
Awesome! Thanks a million. Maybe what ill do is biy the lower half/duct and then when I get close to the tune ill do the manifold as well. Ill check out the pricing and search the forums more on the manifold part see if a tune is required but yeah this is great! I didnt even think to check moes and/or mopar site

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 5.7 doesn't use the Mass Airflow sensor right? Did you plug that hole in the 6.4 airbox lid? I don't remember that from your thread.
The airbox I have did not have the hole for the MAF. But yes. You would just plug it. I’m not sure what year the 2500 started using a MAF sensor

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
Okay one last dumb question lol. With just the lower airbox and the new duct can I just purchase the better filter for it or is that only possible if you have the top portion as well?

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay one last dumb question lol. With just the lower airbox and the new duct can I just purchase the better filter for it or is that only possible if you have the top portion as well?
The 6.4 filter will work with the lower airbox, WIX specs the same air filter for the 5.7 and the 6.4 even.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can put the larger filter from the 6.4 truck in it. The filter fits into to the lower box. I’ve been running the 6.4 truck air filter in my truck.

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think wix specs the smaller pleats for both. I’ve been running the larger pleated filter in my truck.
The Mopar filter for the 6.4 looks the same as the Wix, but I don't have measurements to verify so I'm not sure.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That or cross reference the number. I run one from Amazon. Link didn’t work
4042C989-CAB9-404B-87E8-EF16A0BB2625.png
The Mopar filter for the 6.4 looks the same as the Wix, but I don't have measurements to verify so I'm not sure.

Looks like you are correct. It’s fit the 1509 with the 3.0 diesel which is correct.

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
Nice, now back to sound clips of the 14" or 18" magnaflow. Main reason I am aiming towards the 18" is the girlfriend usually dislikes vehicles that sound like they are racing when just cruising up to speed limit lol. But technically she will always be in the cabin so would not sound crazy either way. Thanks all!

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice, now back to sound clips of the 14" or 18" magnaflow. Main reason I am aiming towards the 18" is the girlfriend usually dislikes vehicles that sound like they are racing when just cruising up to speed limit lol. But technically she will always be in the cabin so would not sound crazy either way. Thanks all!
I went with the 18" and sometimes it still is annoying, but I would do it again fwiw.

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah also with some new tips may make it sound great and I heard overtime the loudness does increase slightly.

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I also have an 18" Magnaflow. I have the factory single exhaust (mine's a lowly Tradesman). I love it! It's a nice rumble without being too loud, annoying or raspy. It does open up a bit with some miles, so if it seems too tame when first installed just give it a while.

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
Nice yeah sounds great! I was thinking if on the future I do headers would the magnaflow y pipe be replaced? It would save me some money to just do muffler and tips and keep that stock y pipe until I get to that point in mods

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice yeah sounds great! I was thinking if on the future I do headers would the magnaflow y pipe be replaced? It would save me some money to just do muffler and tips and keep that stock y pipe until I get to that point in mods
Longtubes would come with the new y-pipe, shorties would use the stock y-pipe.

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
Longtubes would come with the new y-pipe, shorties would use the stock y-pipe.
Yeah I would prefer long tube s since ive read they are a bit better than shorties. If that's the case it would be smart to just do muffler+tips only for the exhaust and save the 98$ it cost for the ypipe and whatever extra fit install?

The money saved from that would technically pay for the airbox/duct/ filter so would be nice

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I would prefer long tube s since ive read they are a bit better than shorties. If that's the case it would be smart to just do muffler+tips only for the exhaust and save the 98$ it cost for the ypipe and whatever extra fit install?

The money saved from that would technically pay for the airbox/duct/ filter so would be nice
Pretty much right on there.