HID Bright Flicker Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ZombieBraains

ZombieBraains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So here's a quick picture of my beam pattern against a wall. Not totally level ground but just so u can get an idea of wackiness in my headlights.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 58

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Typical spyder projector patern. The ends loop up since the projector hasn't been fitted in the headlight straight. Meaning when they designed the Assembly they didn't take in to the equation the angles of the headlight when it is actually installed on vehicle.
This will also be a problem when I change the projectors inside them since the holes are pre drilled wrong. The projectors are not installed horizontal in relation to when the headlight is fitted onto truck.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So here's a quick picture of my beam pattern against a wall. Not totally level ground but just so u can get an idea of wackiness in my headlights.

Those r pretty rough. The driver looks like it can be rotated/raised.

Not even sure where the passenger light is.

OP
OP
ZombieBraains

ZombieBraains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This totally sucks considering the headlights are really sleek looking on the truck but the designing of these lights are so off it affects the quality of light. So I'm stuck in a position where I don't think the look overweight the quality. I may invest in better headlights! Could anyone possibly recommend a better built projector headlight that would function properly but still look amazing? I am in the market for a smoked or blacked out look but something also with halos or concept strips? I don't wanna break the bank but also don't want to be stuck in the position I'm in and sacrifice quality.

OP
OP
ZombieBraains

ZombieBraains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And also, is there that much of a quality output from projectors vs standard? I know the beam is more focused with projectors but I'm having such a bad experience already with those...

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lotsa dudes either do a retrofit or pay for aftermarket projector setups....but those can be pricey.

Projectors will almost always be better than normal lighting.

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went from the quads to Spyders and now the TYC projectors and have experienced the extreme difference between the 3. Projectors are by far the best and more specific, TYC.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This totally sucks considering the headlights are really sleek looking on the truck but the designing of these lights are so off it affects the quality of light. So I'm stuck in a position where I don't think the look overweight the quality. I may invest in better headlights! Could anyone possibly recommend a better built projector headlight that would function properly but still look amazing? I am in the market for a smoked or blacked out look but something also with halos or concept strips? I don't wanna break the bank but also don't want to be stuck in the position I'm in and sacrifice quality.
Try lining up the beam patterns since as it stands you might as well be driving with no lights on.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ZombieBraains

ZombieBraains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm definitely going to get a better lineup on my beam patterns. And I'm def gonna check out those projector companies like TYC, see what my best options are. Thanks a bunch for the advice guys and I will keep everyone posted on my original thread subject which was my flickering lights! Lol... Looks like the Retroshop kit is coming in on Monday so I will get that bad boy installed and see if that solves that issue. Fingers crossed!

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
You can get the tyc's on rock auto under 2013 ram for about $450 shipped. You can also retrofit your stock quads with amazing results for minimal cost. Just lots of work.

OP
OP
ZombieBraains

ZombieBraains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And the 2013 Ram headlights will fit the 2016 ram I got?

OP
OP
ZombieBraains

ZombieBraains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Excellent! Thanks bud, I'm gonna look into this!

OP
OP
ZombieBraains

ZombieBraains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK.... Looks like the correct kit did the trick! NO MORE FLICKER! YES!!!!! Retroshop.us had the kit that was appropriate for my Dodge! Want to thank all of you for your input and help on this one... I'll post a pic of what my front end looks like with all the lighting! And now to adjust those damn beam directions... lol

Attachments

• IMG_3091.jpg
    IMG_3091.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 33