High speed shifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadosprit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6 E Torque
2021 RAM 1500 V6 ETorque 4x4. I pull a 2 place snowmobile trailer. First time out went approx. 100 miles and burnt almost a full tank of fuel. Next time out watched the tach, looks like this thing has a hard time shifting between 7-8. Yes I tried the haul button, no change. Seems if I hit the cruise control down to 68 from 70, it starts to shift. return back up to 70 and wont shift. If I stay at 68 I have to back it down to 66 to get her to shift. Have tried cruise, no cruise, haul and no haul button. Took truck out with no trailer and it shifts fine. I have messed with this thing on a flat road and she wont shift unless I make her....once she does she runs ok until an incline and she has to downshift. At 70 with trailer I'm running about 1300 RPM in 8 th....7th I'm up in the 3200-3500 rpm range....Any ideas? Called dealer they wanna flash it? Whats that? Also my dealer is slammed few weeks until they can get it in, What a joke.....