Horn problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ldawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
2016 2500 SLT, Cummins, I have a similar issue my horn stopped working at the same time the EVIC- Electronic Vehicle Information Center quit registering current information. Dealership quoted $1900.00 to replace the Clockspring. Sounded dubious at the time. Didn't know it could effect the airbag!

guardian2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000-2005
Engine
4.7L, 5.7L
During a problem with Lights on , horn and A/c would not work. Lights off only horn or A/c would work, not both. Turned out the short was found in the computer for our truck. We redesigned the horn to another circuit. Created a new ground for horn to fix. The mother board for the trucks computer is not available. Going to repair the mb and sauder the circuit hoping it works. Your truck is newer but a quick look at the computer board will be obvious if that's gone bad. Our s was right side by hood hinges.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Start at horn, with a volt meter , if no 12v, check in fuse box, and see if there is voltage at that fuse both sides, when someone hits the horn . If you hear a relay, you should fell it click if you put a finger on it.
I would think there is a connector at steering column for the horn as well as all the other stuff.
I would hunt up a wiring diagram and check the clock spring with a ohm meter .
I had one a part , but it was yrs ago on a 1990's Dakota , would be a lot less stuff to mess with.

I just watched Rainman Ray change a clock spring in the interweb on a car.
Did not look too hard.
Check the wiring as well

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Also, it seems like the first thing to do is reseat all the fuses and relays, a wack sometimes can help

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat