How can I tell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Presleysdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 Dodge Ram
Engine
How can I tell if my truck has the Infinity system?

OP
OP
P

Presleysdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 Dodge Ram
Engine
Thanks, guess I have the Infinity system

OP
OP
P

Presleysdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 Dodge Ram
Engine
Thanks, I am going to upgrade the speakers and the head unit. The speakers in the doors are horrible and you cant turn the radio up at all. They were this way when I bought the truck. Also the head unit lights do not work so you can not tell what channel the radio is on. Any good suggestions on both? I was thinking about doing a flip out. I have spent almost a $1000 on this truck this week with front suspension parts so I am on a budget. Not a real tight budget but a budget none the less.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I'm thinking Alpine speakers are the best as far as price vs. sound quality. You might go with a Pioneer headunit. I'm not very versed in car stereo. lol

I just know my CD player isn't working at the moment. :(

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
if the speakers are as bad as you described even cheap speakers would probably beat them but then again maybe the stereo is that bad. i know the stock stereo in my 93 sounds pretty bad when you turn it up and i have replaced the speakers. i got my ramcharger's old speakers in my 81 with a new cheap stereo and they sound a lot better. when i say cheap i mean i got a sony stereo with 4 sony speakers for $70 brand new at walmart cheap. in my case they beat stock stuff.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
pioneer is pretty good, I have one (not sure about the model or the year). My dad pulled it from a buddies truck after he wrecked it. Been going strong for several years now tho and has lots of options

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Pioneers are awesome head units! I have an older one in my ram and it still sounds pretty good. Definitely recommend alpine speakers too :)