How do I locate the Ram with the options I want if it's not within 500 miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

32blownhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
The local dealers will only do a search within 500 miles of where I live (Eugene, Oregon). And there's nothing with all the options I want within that radius. I was told the factories still aren't up & running. And I just can't see spending $65 grand on a truck without all the options I want when what I want would go for $67 grand. I'm looking for a 2020 Limited with pretty much every option available. Any ideas? Thank You! Bill

Looking for;

2020 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4x4 w/ 5' 7" Box
Black Exterior
Protection Group
Black Appearance Package
Bed Utility Group
Level 1 Equipment Group
Anti-Spin Differential (any rear axle ratio OK)
Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof
Multi-Fuction Tail Gate
33 Gallon Tank
RamBox System

Engine either the 5.7 MDS VVT or the Diesel.

If there's options on it that I don't really care about that fine. Just don't want to not have exactly what I want.... Thank You!!!

RStrain56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking to Buy
Engine
Looking to Buy
I'd try the build and price tool on the Ram website with your ideal truck and do the inventory search at the end with whatever specified range you're willing to travel.

Good luck on the search!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

rws1944

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can use Autotrader and search as far as you want. When you find one that looks right use MONRONEY to look at the window sticker or use the build sheet feature on the ram trucks web site. Both of these will require a VIN number.

OP
OP
32blownhemi

32blownhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
Thank you Everyone! I'm in the process of searching on Auto Trader. It's time consuming but it does have an unlimited milage feature. I'm not concerned with having to travel. But the problem with the Ram .com built/price site is it only searches out in a 150 mile radius. It's time consuming to search the entire USA in a 150 mile radius. And it seems as if inventories are low so this doesn't help. The dealers can search the entire USA but they won't give you the details of their search past 500 miles. Four dealers have told me that's the limit on their dealer trades. And there's nothing within 500 miles of Eugene, Or. I haven't tried this so I'll call different dealers around the country to see if there's anything within 500 miles of them. I'll start with Dennis Dillon Dodge in Idaho. Just by randomly picking zip codes to search out 150 miles I did find exactly what I wanted but it's gone now. I have a family commitment at home until the end of this month so can't leave until then... Thanks again! Bill

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
My only advise is try in and about big cities. Around Charlotte, NC there quite a few (6 off the top of my head) "big" dealers.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Like this?

https://www.ramtrucks.com/new-inven...e=45615&radius=150&matchType=X&statusCode=KZT

EDIT:Looks like it is missing the tailgate. Dang. But anyway, that was a quick search near a big city

EDIT:EDIT: and remember, if I am not mistaken, you cannot add the MF Tailgate to a turck that did not originally have it. But you would have to verify this.

EDIT:EDIT:EDIT TFL Truck says no the the MF tailgate addtion... read here
https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/07/as...ilgate gets a 2,000,swings open to 88 degrees.

But not sure on a 2020 truck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
32blownhemi

32blownhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
Thank you Farmer & Averageguy, I found one that's listed as 'In Transit' so I guess that means it's on it's way to the dealership. Averageguy, Isn't the factory still shut down? Or open?

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've heard people say it's back up and running. In transit does mean it's in route to the dealer. Call them ASAP before someone else jumps on your truck. Good luck.

Red

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Thank you Farmer & Averageguy, I found one that's listed as 'In Transit' so I guess that means it's on it's way to the dealership. Averageguy, Isn't the factory still shut down? Or open?
They opened up all the plants around Detroit at least 3 weeks ago.

OP
OP
32blownhemi

32blownhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
Thank you Papa & AverageGuy! I'm in e-mail contact with the dealer. He just gave me what he said was his 'best price'. MSRP $72,850 for $63,385 with Chrysler financing. So $9465 off of MSRP. Just realized the "Chrysler financing" in the e-mail. Lol, I'll e-mail & see what's up on that. I'm waiting for his reply on the ETA... Oh, the factory opened! I'll call the local dealer & ask him about ordering. Under normal circumstances is there a rough ETA for ordered vehicles? And, yes i realize things are anything but normal now. Thanks again! Bill

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Go with their financing and turn around and refinance with your bank or credit union if you want.

They get a kickback if you stay with that loan for like 6 months or something (If I recall).

I ended up going with my dealerships offerings, 2.66% from US Bank. Love it. I ended up moving my savings/checking and refinanced my house with US Bank. Everything under 1 login.

I'm not much on big banks...but US Bank has been good to me (so far). And when I move after I retire I don't have to change banks.

Good luck getting the truck you want!

Lamarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Rebel
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just did this when buying my 2020. I used Ram's actual manufacturer website, they have a good search tool to enter exactly what you want options wise, and it will pull up all vehicles I think at a max of within a few hundred miles or so. You can narrow it, but I don't think you can do it beyond a few hundred miles. But that is how I did it, and I ended up finding exactly what I wanted, closest dealership was 3 hours away, but got every single thing I wanted, color, trim etc.

Best of luck.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I have yet to see a truck with the multifunction tailgate at any dealers. It adds $3695 to the MSRP for the trucks. Crew cab adds more than $32400 to the MSRP. Anti-spin is not the same as limited slip but operates like "traction control" on sedans. For only $50 more you can get the electronic locking rear differential on the truck.

Another good value is the "off-road group" that adds $795 to the MSRP but provides:
Off-Road Group
$795
  • Electronic Locking Rear Axle
  • Front Extra Heavy-Duty Shock Absorbers
  • Front Suspension Skid Plate
  • Fuel Tank Skid Plate
  • Full-Size Spare Tire
  • Hill Descent Control
  • "Off Road" Decals
  • Rear Extra Heavy-Duty Shock Absorbers
  • Steering Gear Skid Plate
  • Tow Hooks
  • Transfer Case Skid Plate
  • 275/55R20 OWL All-Terrain Tires (Unavailable with some configurations)
  • LT275/65R18C OWL On/Off-Road Tires (Unavailable with some configurations

Dealers order trucks with configurations that will generate the most profit and this often means having appearance groups in favor of functional add-ons like the larger gas tank and locking rear differential.