Spent Too Much Money Yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congratulations on the 5th Gen, another proud owner, I looked at the Limited's they are the best, but I got a Laramie and am very happy with it, and I agree the wheels and tires make the rig, check on here there are always someone that wants to sell there wheels.

Marathon84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That color combination & trim really looks impressive. Stunning. I would have bought it too!

farout75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
Nice truck! Tell me why you think you need a catch can on the 5.7? It's not a direct injection engine, and it's my understanding these 5.7 engines don't benefit from a catch can.

OP
OP
jasonw

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Nice truck! Tell me why you think you need a catch can on the 5.7? It's not a direct injection engine, and it's my understanding these 5.7 engines don't benefit from a catch can.

They do gain a lot from having a catch can, actually. I've read that DI engines, like the Ford's Egoboosts, can benefit from two catch cans sometimes.

I had one on my 2014, and here's what it held after one long trip... several ounces. My wife's Jeep GC also has the 5.7, and its catch can usually caught a little less than the 2014 Ram, but it still catches stuff as well.

gnExVyK.jpg

Last edited:

Santo Tomasine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats on your new Limited! That's the best option package for the Limited, except you should have also gotten the MFT. Just my opinion though.

I'm jealous of the fit of your rambox lids. Although mine looked a lot better when the truck was new. I'm curious to see if yours still fit as well when the truck is almost a year old like mine.

We have a set exactly like that for sale. Came off a 2020 Limited with the blackout package. Approximately 1500 miles on the tires. Only issue is shipping them across the country.

Message me, lets discuss

Njt07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8 etorque
Congrats, thats a beautiful truck! We can help with just about any mod so let us know how we can help! I know we discussed a catch can which is a great idea to put on now while new before everything starts getting coated with oil.

Dumb question, assuming the OP got a hemi, is the hemi a direct injection? I know very little about cars/trucks but the little research i did says a catch can should be used on a direct injection engine?

Also how often do you check the catch can and what do you do with what it catches?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dumb question, assuming the OP got a hemi, is the hemi a direct injection? I know very little about cars/trucks but the little research i did says a catch can should be used on a direct injection engine?

Also how often do you check the catch can and what do you do with what it catches?

No it is not direct injection but it is still recommended to run one. With Direct injection it is HIGHLY recommended to run one lol.

How often you empty it depends on many variables like driving style, temperature, condition of engine, etc.....The UPR catch cans are a larger can than most so you can empty them less frequently. I dump my catch can into my jugs I have for used oil from oil changes then bring them to a local auto store that accepts used oil.

OP
OP
jasonw

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Dumb question, assuming the OP got a hemi...?

Sorry, just realized I didn't post actual specs! On top of the standard Limited features, here are my options...
  • Diamond Black Crystal Pearl–Coat Exterior Paint
  • Customer Preferred Package 25M
  • Protection Group - Front Suspension Skid Plate, Fuel Tank Skid Plate, Steering Gear Skid Plate, Transfer Case Skid Plate
  • Black Appearance Package - 22–Inch x 9.0–Inch Black Aluminum Wheels, 19–Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound, Black Exterior Badging, Black Headlamp Bezels, Tri–Fold Tonneau Cover, Sport Performance Hood, Tow Hooks
  • Bed Utility Group - 4–Adjustable Cargo Tie–Down Hooks
  • Limited Level 1 Equipment Group - Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Advanced Brake–Assist, Full Speed Forward Collision Warn Plus, Lane Keep Assist, Parallel and Perpendicular Park–Assist with Stop, Ventilated Rear Seats, Surround–View Camera
  • 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
  • Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle
  • 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
  • Dual–Pane Panoramic Sunroof
  • 33–Gallon Fuel Tank
  • Engine Block Heater
  • RamBox® Cargo Management System
  • Trailer Brake Control

Richg87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Congrats! Nice looking truck!

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
  • Limited Level 1 Equipment Group - Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Advanced Brake–Assist, Full Speed Forward Collision Warn Plus, Lane Keep Assist, Parallel and Perpendicular Park–Assist
[/QUOTE]

Is this the new ADAS system whereby the computer actually takes over driving to avoid an accident? If so, that's great! That system on a Toyota saved my wife and 2 of her girlfriends' lives on an Oklahoma 2-lane windy highway!

Michael Seitter

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I am well versed (or like to think I am) in the 4th Gen Rams, but I just traded in the 2014 Longhorn for a 2020 Ram Limited. During my search, I've been reading a lot here in the 5th gen section, but could use any 5th gen advice you may have!

Dealer only had it on the lot one day. Negotiated on it yesterday evening. Wasn't the perfect deal, about 12% off of MSRP, but trade-in offer was fair, and I'm content. Saved me a 3-4 hour car ride to do 15% off MSRP at a different dealer, and no guarantee the trade-in offer would have been as good.

Only low-quality dealership photos for now. Will take some and upload later this week after a good car wash. (Dealership was in a hurry to get it to me, left water spots everywhere.)

First mods: Pedal Commander, Catch Can, new rims. I want some 18" rims with some rubber on them, probably Rebel rims. While they look nice, I don't care for the noise these 22" rims will make when they get treated to post-winter pot holes and other hazards out here.

EDIT: Here are my options on top of the standard Limited items...
  • Diamond Black Crystal Pearl–Coat Exterior Paint
  • Customer Preferred Package 25M
  • Protection Group - Front Suspension Skid Plate, Fuel Tank Skid Plate, Steering Gear Skid Plate, Transfer Case Skid Plate
  • Black Appearance Package - 22–Inch x 9.0–Inch Black Aluminum Wheels, 19–Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound, Black Exterior Badging, Black Headlamp Bezels, Tri–Fold Tonneau Cover, Sport Performance Hood, Tow Hooks
  • Bed Utility Group - 4–Adjustable Cargo Tie–Down Hooks
  • Limited Level 1 Equipment Group - Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Advanced Brake–Assist, Full Speed Forward Collision Warn Plus, Lane Keep Assist, Parallel and Perpendicular Park–Assist with Stop, Ventilated Rear Seats, Surround–View Camera
  • 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
  • Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle
  • 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
  • Dual–Pane Panoramic Sunroof
  • 33–Gallon Fuel Tank
  • Engine Block Heater
  • RamBox® Cargo Management System
  • Trailer Brake Control

N2ZDc49.jpg

3dyOjhC.jpg

wqUDwGi.jpg

gparZgr.jpg

5Z9IiwF.jpg

OP
OP
jasonw

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Nice truck, Now get ready to spend a ton on all the extra goodies.

Already on it. Wife already chewed me out a time or two on how much I've been spending on lots of little odds and ends for it.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Beatiful truck. Just a question...keep the rims, just get some more rubber on those tires.

Used to own a Ram 1500, Current owner of a Dodge Charger scat pack

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517