How do I turn off the BLD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd like to turn off the Brake Lock Differential. Temporarily. is there a fuse I can pull?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Id imagine the only way would be to disable the ABS system?

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd imagine you'll have to mess with the speed sensors, other than a faulty one, i don't see how else you could defeat BLD, open diff suck balls offroad though, why would you want to disable BLD ? it works great at what it does.

OP
OP
RLJ10X

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
rsm, You nearly answered your own question.

I'll ask another question: What would happen if the Speed Sensor at the right front tire was giving a falsely high reading?

I think there is a very good possibility that if a speed sensor was in fact sending a signal to the ECU, that particular wheel was going faster than the other one on the same axle, the ECU would then do what it is programmed to do. That is to apply brake to that wheel.

The Reason I Ask: 3 times since I've owned this truck, (from new) I've found the RF brake dragging. I shut the truck off, and the brake pistons retracts, and all is well. The truck has 43,000 miles. It sits in the garage when not driven. I don't go off Road. I don't even drive a gravel road but maybe once a year, for a short distance. No rust! I like to hit the Tow/Haul and TC buttons. I don't know if that adds to "the confusion" or not.

I figure if I can temporarily turn off the BLD, I may be able to eliminate that suspect from the crime.