How many of you keep you truck spotless?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustinKScott

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've never owned a (real) truck before now; but I have owned several corvettes. I was always jealous of the guys with trucks because I perceived them as never having to wash their truck. Just spray it down once in a while & go.

This was something I was looking forward to with my 2013 ram 2013 laramie. But with a whole section dedicated to detailing, I'm worried I just bought another corvette!

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Uhm... Yeah, it's a sickness... My whole reason for getting a white truck is due to my sickness.

I take THREE hours to wash my G8. Clean wheels/tires and wheel wells, rinse car and then foam it down, I use double buckets with grit guards, one swipe of the wash mitt on the paint and it gets rinsed with the hose, then into bucket one, and then into bucket two which has soapy water and then repeat until done. I have a wash mitt for the upper half and a wash mitt for the lower half. It's a sickness, but when you spend 20+ hours correcting your paint, you'll do whatever it takes to keep it that way as long as possible.

My G8 is going to be my garage queen once the truck comes in.

Working across the street from a concrete plant is AWESOME!!! :(

Don't get me started on my drying process...

Chris

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
<----------------very **** about it

dogcar3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used to be like this. I was **** about keeping the chromes shinny and the blacks black. It is very liberating to be able to get past it. I loved having a super clean ride, and I appreciate seeing others, but it is amazing how much added stress it brings on. Now it is the auto car wash for my truck. Used to spend hours, now it is 5 minutes.

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
Uhm... Yeah, it's a sickness... My whole reason for getting a white truck is due to my sickness.

Chris

x2 on that one. The RAM was ordered in white for the same reason. My Jeep GC and the Harley are both black, and I just can't keep them clean enough.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been told I was a little **** also. I completely detail inside and out once a month and use a spray detailer after each wash inbetween, usually once a week. Time flies when your having fun----and my recycle bin is full of empty cans??
Jay

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Wash mine every week! A complete detail inside and out...im very **** about my truck!!

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wash mine once or twice every several weeks..sometimes months. Bucket of soap, rags, lint free towels and 20 minutes. I don't wax the truck or shine the wheels. I don't mind streaks on windows or paint. Don't mind light scratches and dents. I like it to look good, but not pristine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I feel bad for how my truck looks most of the time.
and my co-workers comment on how clean it always is.

I think I have the sickness too.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
<--- at least once weekly, full deal.....co-workers laugh at me.

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Spotless during mid-spring through summer after that with all the leaves and being cold I never care to much to clean it lol and the beginning of spring my truck stays gold with all the damn pollen but I try lol

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
I am very up tight about my vehicles. I keep all of them spotless. I actually enjoy doing all the work.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I detail mine, inside and out every weekend. The truck gets so dusty where I park at work, it normally doesn't even look like I've detailed it by Wednesday. A couple times it's bugged me so much that it's dirty, I have literally went out in the cold and washed it after work at 1AM.

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I try to keep my truck clean. But then ****** New Mexico wind comes around and just messes up everything. Then it rains out of nowhere. So I do it every 2-3 weeks or so.

bknilvr00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I keep the inside as clean as I can. Till the wife let's the dog in the back with nasty paws.... As for the outside, it rains so much here in wa state theres hardly any reason to keep it clean. Except for the usual dry spell in august. Then I like to make it shine.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I swear my hobby is keeping my truck spotless, keeps me out of the bars lol. She pretty much gets a quick detail after every drive (almost). This is how she looks on a daily basis
picture.php

Yo Nadz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew Cab 4x4
At least once weekly full detail for me too, but I don't have the disease anywhere near as bad as CHEWY lol.

I have the luxury of working 48 hour shifts at the firehouse, so at night, after "business hours" and when the Chief's are gone, I pull the Stomper in and go to town in the nice heated/cooled engine bay. =)

outlaw52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
spotless.....lifelong addiction not only mine I do my wifes car my kids cars its a miracle I have time to go to work..something definitely wrong with me. the bikes too constantly detailing them.