How much lift Before I need to Replace UCA's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

searchin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whta's up everyone. Had to get rid of my 2016 Sport that was set up exactly as I wanted. Bilstein's at 2.8 with an inch in the back. Zone UCA's, 35x 11.5 Nittos Ridge Grapplers (12.5 would have rubbed because of the extra beef n the Zone UCA;'s)

Picked up a 2017 that I am going to put the 5100's on. Don't want to go up again, just level. I believe I read somwhere that I can leave the OEM UCA's in if I stay at the 2.1 setting or below. Anyone have experience with that?

I'm debating between 34 or 35 inch Nittos. 11.5, but definite going with a P or XL rating not an LT.

Any input or advice?

KYPOTLICKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2.1 should be level. Wont need after market UCA's at that level. Running 275 65 20 Recon grapplers myself, so far love the set up. They were the largest P rated tire I could find.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
at 2.1 you are ok as long as you do not plan to off road. over 2" it is recommended to do angle correcting UCA's but if you are street only you can get away with stock UCA's. If this is the case, what I would recommend is that when you need new ball joints just get Zone UCA's. The stock ball joints will wear out quicker with the extra angle they will have being leveled to 2.1"

OP
OP
S

searchin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
at 2.1 you are ok as long as you do not plan to off road. over 2" it is recommended to do angle correcting UCA's but if you are street only you can get away with stock UCA's. If this is the case, what I would recommend is that when you need new ball joints just get Zone UCA's. The stock ball joints will wear out quicker with the extra angle they will have being leveled to 2.1"
Im on the beach a lot

JamesCrowe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If the truck was going to be loaded up and with heavier tires, even at 2" or so would UCA be a good idea?

Hey Nick@gotexhaust can you PM me when you aren't busy, I'm on mobile on an ancient phone here, can't find the tab for it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat