How to Add Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) to a Manual Temperature Control Truck

frederic noel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

mdtz86

i have similar issue , i did the mtc first and everything work fine , blend door in the right place etc.. i did the atc upgrade with temp sensor ( mine is a 3500 ) put an atc bezel, do the procedure etc.. everything went ok , in auto mode the blend door look to be in a defrost state and feet ? , but if i put in other direction i hear it moving but not in the right place , after a certain time ( like when temperature is up to temp ) it will switch to the right place ? i do the hvac calibration and i soon i start the truck , the defrost flash for a couple of time too , but i don't have the fault code , redo the mtc procedure , put in defrost , feet , etc.. it work flawlessly , put in dual zone , and single zone procedure , and samething , if truck is cold , i cannot put in face direction or just feet ?​

JoeV2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks @Mpgrimm2 received and installed the ATC upgrade kit as well as the harnesses and media hub for the UAQ radio conversion. Everything went in perfectly. I programmed with AlphaOBD according to your instructions and everything works as advertised. I did learn that it's critical to make sure to wait until the Sirius XM and backup camera buttons re-appear on the radio before moving on to the next step in the programming. Great upgrade! Great quality harnesses!

Devildog8791

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I hope that I didn't just screw myself out of this mod. I did this mod a while back and had it working perfectly. I installed an aftermarket radio (Stinger Heigh10) yesterday and now it shows as a MTC in the "Climate" section. I checked AlfaOBD and it still showed as a Single Zone ATC in there. I put it back to Single Zone MTC last night just to reset it. I seen the comment about aftermarket radios and the Maestro in the Known Working document, but I'm not using the Maestro. I'm using the PAC integration kit. I'm guessing I'll have to put it to Dual Zone ATC and just deal with having two sliders.

Devildog8791

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So far it has been a no-go. I flashed it back to Single Zone MTC and then tried to flash it to Dual Zone ATC, but it hasn't made a difference. It doesn't say "Procedure Completed" after each time either, so I don't know if it is even doing anything.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie QC (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L eTorque
So far it has been a no-go. I flashed it back to Single Zone MTC and then tried to flash it to Dual Zone ATC, but it hasn't made a difference. It doesn't say "Procedure Completed" after each time either, so I don't know if it is even doing anything.
Sent u a message

Robert Jacobs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Express
Purchased Infotainment Nav/Radio 5 months ago.
Paid the $274 last week for the auto AC update,
Originally the radio had auto on it, but no degrees on slider.
First attempt with update took away auto selection.
Second attempt brought back auto button and degrees on slider.
Push auto does nothing, and when you raise the temperature it stays there for a second, and then drops down to LO.
Sent video to Infotainment... hoping for help.
I'm having this same issue in 2017 2500. Infotainment is sending me another OBD Genie PN C-ACC-LD, lets hope this fixes my issue.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie QC (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L eTorque
I'm having this same issue in 2017 2500. Infotainment is sending me another OBD Genie PN C-ACC-LD, lets hope this fixes my issue.
The Genie's don't consistently work to set this up correctly. .. and no way to verify it worked or undo it without a trip to the dealer to reflash the truck back to stock.

Get your money back and get the AlfaOBD/OBDLink MX BT adapter setup and do it yourself.

** AlfaOBD (for activating factory features yourself. See Docs linked in OP.

Robert Jacobs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Genie's don't consistently work to set this up correctly. .. and no way to verify it worked or undo it without a trip to the dealer to reflash the truck back to stock.

Get your money back and get the AlfaOBD/OBDLink MX BT adapter setup and do it yourself.

** AlfaOBD (for activating factory features yourself. See Docs linked in OP.
Yeah, lesson learned. They are sending the new genie at no cost so I will see if it works and if not I will go the AlfaOBD route.

LeighGartman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I been trying to active ATC but with no luck. Alfaob is not saying complete. Any help would be appreciated.

swoyekr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man, I've tried fooling my 8.4 to accept the single auto climate controls about 20 times. It seems like everything goes well, but the climate control up/down buttons and the slider on the radio just move to max hot or max cold.. If i move the slider to 82*, it just thinks for a second then slides up to max hot. Same with a cooler temp it will go max cold. And i've done everything as M2 noted, even talked to him about it a few times, but I'm at a loss.

Works normally in Single MTC, but slider and hard button max cool/hot after going to Dual ATC, and then Single ATC. I programmed in alpha, waited about 5 mins, pulled the fuse over the second battery along the firewall, left that out for about 5-10 mins, put it back in, and waited up to 24 hours. Still the same issue no matter what.

Is there anything else I need to program in maybe I skipped something?